Lancashire TelegraphTumble drier suspected cause of Accrington shed blaze (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Tumble drier suspected cause of Accrington shed blaze

A SHED is thought to have caught fire when a tumble drier that was inside set alight.

Two fire engines were sent to Kings Road, Accrington at at around 9.50am yesterday to extinguish the blaze.

Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “We are looking at the tumble drier as a likely cause.

“Both elderly occupants were in at the time and were concerned the fire was going to spread into the building.”

Nobody was injured and the blaze is not being treated as suspicious.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree