Lancashire TelegraphConsumer rights advice issued for East Lancashire people (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Consumer rights advice issued for East Lancashire people

THE COUNTY council’s trading standards service is advising consumers of their consumer rights for presents and other goods.

Lancashire’s head of trading standards, Paul Noone, said there were circumstances when customers are entitled to their money back, to request a replacement or when they don’t have any rights.

He said: “When you buy something over the counter, goods must be of satisfactory quality, claims must be accurate and the goods fit for purpose. If you do find a fault, you should contact the retailer as soon as possible as delaying may mean losing the right to a refund.

“If you need to return an item, you don't need a receipt but will need to provide some form of evidence of the transaction such as a bank statement.

“However, if you have legally accepted the item but then find a problem with it, you are still entitled to request that the goods are repaired or replaced.”


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree