When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Car blaze nearly sets Blackburn factory alight
2:11pm Thursday 27th December 2012 in News
A CAR deliberately set on fire in Blackburn almost caused a toilet paper business to go up in flames.
Firefighters from Blackburn were called to Dickens Street at about 3.20am on Christmas Eve after residents of nearby houses reported that the business units were on fire.
Crew manager Dave Hilliard from Blackburn fire station said: “The residents could see the black smoke and thought the factory was on fire.
“We are treating the car fire as suspicious. It would appear that it had been abandoned next to the factory and set on fire.
“The vehicle was destroyed. It was an intense fire.
“The external door, windows and wiring at the property were affected. We managed to put it out before the fire spread to the Punjab Paper Converters.”
Crews spent about an hour at the scene and the incident is being investigated by police.
Comments are closed on this article.