When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Man treated for smoke inhalation after Accrington pan fire
6:17pm Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a grill pan caught fire in his home today.
Firefighters were called to Lonsdale Street in Accrington at 5.10pm.
The pan had caught fire, causing severe damage to the cooker and its contents and smoke damage to the rest of the property.
There were smoke alarms in the house but they did not have working batteries and the man was asleep.
Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “I cannot stress enough the need to have working batteries in smoke alarams.
“If there was a working smoke alarm in this case the damage could have been far less severe.”
Comments are closed on this article.