Lancashire TelegraphBlackburn primary school saved from closure (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Blackburn primary school saved from closure

A PRIMARY school that was faced with closure has been saved at the eleventh hour.

Al-Asr Primary School, based in Blackburn, is a private independent school.

But parents at the 75 pupil school were told to find alternative places for their children after a decision to close the school was taken by the governing body due to ‘unforeseen financial circumstances’.

However headteacher Mrs Noreen Hameed has revealed that preparations are underway to apply for ‘free’ school status to become a government funded school.

And staff at the school have launched fundraising initiatives to raise much needed funds to keep the school open.

Mrs Hameed said: "I am grateful to the present governors. With their support we have had the opportunity to have our school running for 13 years.

“Having been the headteacher since the formation of the school, I have watched it grow year by year and I was deeply saddened by this news.

“If the school were to close, it would be a huge loss to the parents, the children and the many teachers that together form the school."

Al-Asr Primary School will reopen with a new name of Palm Tree Primary School in September 2012. And staff at the school have launched fundraising initiatives to raise much needed funds.

Mrs Hameed said: “Al-Asr Primary School will remain the same but with a new name. However we hope to expand our current school and to implement a 'low fee structure'. We have already gained substantial interest from the community.”

The headteacher and governors is holding a fundraising dinner on May 26, at Maida Restaurant. Guest Speakers expected for the event include George Galloway.

There are also plans to showcase the school at the Queens Jubilee Celebration that will be organised by Mrs Hameed at New Bank Road on June 3.

The school has been rated as oustanding and inspectors noted the good levels of learning that takes place in classrooms.There are also plans to open a nursery in the near future.

To enrol at Palm Tree Primary School, and for further event details or donations contact Mrs Hameed on 07949 191983.

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:57pm Thu 12 Apr 12

goz says...

Bit lost here, why open a school for 75 children ?? Are there no state schools nearby already that can take these kids in ?? Half the country is suffering financial hardship and you want us to give our taxes to fund another school for 75 kids ?? Reality really has passed me by !!!!!
Bit lost here, why open a school for 75 children ?? Are there no state schools nearby already that can take these kids in ?? Half the country is suffering financial hardship and you want us to give our taxes to fund another school for 75 kids ?? Reality really has passed me by !!!!! goz
  • Score: 0

9:44am Fri 13 Apr 12

Brian Todd says...

Education is important and all education should eb provided by the state through state schools. I would wish that all "Privae" schools of any ature be closed down and refused any state aid of any sort.
Religious schools could exist but at theri own expense and with no state support at all, this would include all "Private" schools.
Education is too important to the country to allow the influence of any other body into the education of our children.
Education is important and all education should eb provided by the state through state schools. I would wish that all "Privae" schools of any ature be closed down and refused any state aid of any sort. Religious schools could exist but at theri own expense and with no state support at all, this would include all "Private" schools. Education is too important to the country to allow the influence of any other body into the education of our children. Brian Todd
  • Score: 0

10:46am Fri 13 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

75 parents that don't want to integrate but are happy to take our tax money. Why don't you go cap in hand to the Qatari royal family like the other school did.
75 parents that don't want to integrate but are happy to take our tax money. Why don't you go cap in hand to the Qatari royal family like the other school did. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

4:49pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Alexandra 123 says...

I am so proud of what this small school has provided. People who have commented have no idea of the excellent results this school has gained by ofsted. I live nearby and see what beautiful manners and respect for elders the children that attend this school have. We living in Britain have lost all this in the state sector and need to find out what has gone wrong with our education system. The parents have a choice to send their pupils to Jewish and Christian schools and they also have a choice to send their children to a faith school of their own choice. We should support outstanding schools, schools with limited resources and facilities are making better progress than some schools that are funded, we have gone wrong somewhere we have let our children down by not giving them an opportunity to provide them with an education that provides good morals, spirituality and respect. Well at least I am proud to say one school has managed to achieve it all! Maybe we should make a visit and see for ourselves what this little school with good and outstanding results is providing. It is a shame that even though we rant about equal opportunities in our country we in reality do little to show evidence of it. This school should carry on doing what they are doing as I don't know what but they are doing but they are doing something right? maybe we can take learn a lesson or two from this school. I congratulate all the staff the head and pupils ! If only we had more schools like these in which pupils are given support to be educated in an environment which encourages positive relationships with others as well as moral and spiritual values. keep it up as you are a role model for our schools to follow, we wish that your school succeeds and gains all the support it deserves. These parents have saved the government money for 13 years by choosing to have their kids educated in a private school so as far as taxes goes lets be fair , are we really fair are do we really implement equal opportunities? It costs the government over £2,000 to educate each child. lastly lets be positive of what the wonderful things this school has provided for all faiths as well as the community. All the best Palm tree!

Alex ..
I am so proud of what this small school has provided. People who have commented have no idea of the excellent results this school has gained by ofsted. I live nearby and see what beautiful manners and respect for elders the children that attend this school have. We living in Britain have lost all this in the state sector and need to find out what has gone wrong with our education system. The parents have a choice to send their pupils to Jewish and Christian schools and they also have a choice to send their children to a faith school of their own choice. We should support outstanding schools, schools with limited resources and facilities are making better progress than some schools that are funded, we have gone wrong somewhere we have let our children down by not giving them an opportunity to provide them with an education that provides good morals, spirituality and respect. Well at least I am proud to say one school has managed to achieve it all! Maybe we should make a visit and see for ourselves what this little school with good and outstanding results is providing. It is a shame that even though we rant about equal opportunities in our country we in reality do little to show evidence of it. This school should carry on doing what they are doing as I don't know what but they are doing but they are doing something right? maybe we can take learn a lesson or two from this school. I congratulate all the staff the head and pupils ! If only we had more schools like these in which pupils are given support to be educated in an environment which encourages positive relationships with others as well as moral and spiritual values. keep it up as you are a role model for our schools to follow, we wish that your school succeeds and gains all the support it deserves. These parents have saved the government money for 13 years by choosing to have their kids educated in a private school so as far as taxes goes lets be fair , are we really fair are do we really implement equal opportunities? It costs the government over £2,000 to educate each child. lastly lets be positive of what the wonderful things this school has provided for all faiths as well as the community. All the best Palm tree! Alex .. Alexandra 123
  • Score: 5

7:45pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Solo183 says...

A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect,
A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect, Solo183
  • Score: 1

8:27pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

Alexandra 123 wrote:
I am so proud of what this small school has provided. People who have commented have no idea of the excellent results this school has gained by ofsted. I live nearby and see what beautiful manners and respect for elders the children that attend this school have. We living in Britain have lost all this in the state sector and need to find out what has gone wrong with our education system. The parents have a choice to send their pupils to Jewish and Christian schools and they also have a choice to send their children to a faith school of their own choice. We should support outstanding schools, schools with limited resources and facilities are making better progress than some schools that are funded, we have gone wrong somewhere we have let our children down by not giving them an opportunity to provide them with an education that provides good morals, spirituality and respect. Well at least I am proud to say one school has managed to achieve it all! Maybe we should make a visit and see for ourselves what this little school with good and outstanding results is providing. It is a shame that even though we rant about equal opportunities in our country we in reality do little to show evidence of it. This school should carry on doing what they are doing as I don't know what but they are doing but they are doing something right? maybe we can take learn a lesson or two from this school. I congratulate all the staff the head and pupils ! If only we had more schools like these in which pupils are given support to be educated in an environment which encourages positive relationships with others as well as moral and spiritual values. keep it up as you are a role model for our schools to follow, we wish that your school succeeds and gains all the support it deserves. These parents have saved the government money for 13 years by choosing to have their kids educated in a private school so as far as taxes goes lets be fair , are we really fair are do we really implement equal opportunities? It costs the government over £2,000 to educate each child. lastly lets be positive of what the wonderful things this school has provided for all faiths as well as the community. All the best Palm tree!

Alex ..
Wow.
For one, find me an exclusive christian or catholic school?
You can't, because it is classed as discrimination. Yet it is perfectly acceptable to have an exclusive islam school and for children of other faiths to be excluded.
Islam provides good morals? Hmm sure, if good morals are treating women as second class citizens and viewing non muslim people as scum.
You speak of equal opportunities, yes there are, so long as you are muslim.
All we hear is community cohesion, multi culturism, all being together as one. Of course this is only one way traffic because if you are muslim you can set up a school that will allow you to secluse yourself from all other communities.
Thought the government and councils were supposed to encourage integration?
Please, before typing a big long comment, think.
You wonder why so called "far right" groups are set up, well here is a reason. People are fed up of bending over backwards to appease faiths whilst having to deny their own faith.
[quote][p][bold]Alexandra 123[/bold] wrote: I am so proud of what this small school has provided. People who have commented have no idea of the excellent results this school has gained by ofsted. I live nearby and see what beautiful manners and respect for elders the children that attend this school have. We living in Britain have lost all this in the state sector and need to find out what has gone wrong with our education system. The parents have a choice to send their pupils to Jewish and Christian schools and they also have a choice to send their children to a faith school of their own choice. We should support outstanding schools, schools with limited resources and facilities are making better progress than some schools that are funded, we have gone wrong somewhere we have let our children down by not giving them an opportunity to provide them with an education that provides good morals, spirituality and respect. Well at least I am proud to say one school has managed to achieve it all! Maybe we should make a visit and see for ourselves what this little school with good and outstanding results is providing. It is a shame that even though we rant about equal opportunities in our country we in reality do little to show evidence of it. This school should carry on doing what they are doing as I don't know what but they are doing but they are doing something right? maybe we can take learn a lesson or two from this school. I congratulate all the staff the head and pupils ! If only we had more schools like these in which pupils are given support to be educated in an environment which encourages positive relationships with others as well as moral and spiritual values. keep it up as you are a role model for our schools to follow, we wish that your school succeeds and gains all the support it deserves. These parents have saved the government money for 13 years by choosing to have their kids educated in a private school so as far as taxes goes lets be fair , are we really fair are do we really implement equal opportunities? It costs the government over £2,000 to educate each child. lastly lets be positive of what the wonderful things this school has provided for all faiths as well as the community. All the best Palm tree! Alex ..[/p][/quote]Wow. For one, find me an exclusive christian or catholic school? You can't, because it is classed as discrimination. Yet it is perfectly acceptable to have an exclusive islam school and for children of other faiths to be excluded. Islam provides good morals? Hmm sure, if good morals are treating women as second class citizens and viewing non muslim people as scum. You speak of equal opportunities, yes there are, so long as you are muslim. All we hear is community cohesion, multi culturism, all being together as one. Of course this is only one way traffic because if you are muslim you can set up a school that will allow you to secluse yourself from all other communities. Thought the government and councils were supposed to encourage integration? Please, before typing a big long comment, think. You wonder why so called "far right" groups are set up, well here is a reason. People are fed up of bending over backwards to appease faiths whilst having to deny their own faith. Cheese gnome
  • Score: 1

8:30pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

Solo183 wrote:
A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect,
Really, so my child isn't muslim, can they enrol at your school. Only they don't believe in mo ham head, so can they stay away from all R.E lessons. Also they are not allowed to eat meat sacrificed in the name of another idol because the bible tells them so can they have non halal meat. Im sure the school will be able to meet my childs needs seen as most councils have put measures in place to meet muslim needs/demands.
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect,[/p][/quote]Really, so my child isn't muslim, can they enrol at your school. Only they don't believe in mo ham head, so can they stay away from all R.E lessons. Also they are not allowed to eat meat sacrificed in the name of another idol because the bible tells them so can they have non halal meat. Im sure the school will be able to meet my childs needs seen as most councils have put measures in place to meet muslim needs/demands. Cheese gnome
  • Score: -2

9:07am Sat 14 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

Solo183 wrote:
A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect,
My son just left witton park and he told me all about the 'integration' that went on, especally all the times the police where called. I live in a mixed area so please don't try to lecture me. All they want are Asian values in an English town.
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: A school that provides excellent education, regardless of nationality or race. I dont understand why some schools are funded yet education is 0, and schools that do extreamly well dont get funding. Intergrate? will you intergrate and allow your chirdren in a multicultural school????(jack daniels) Al asr is a fantistic school and it sholud be given soport due to fasct ofsted report? we need more private schools that can give a good foundation in education, respect,[/p][/quote]My son just left witton park and he told me all about the 'integration' that went on, especally all the times the police where called. I live in a mixed area so please don't try to lecture me. All they want are Asian values in an English town. jack daniels
  • Score: -1

1:53pm Sat 14 Apr 12

Solo183 says...

Answer to, Cheese gnome. ..Just like Muslim kids enrol at catholic schools and have to say the daily prayers?? and be part of something they don’t even celebrate? These state schools don’t even compromise??? dont belive what you see because that is the only thing you will ever know!!! Total ignorance.
Answer to, Cheese gnome. ..Just like Muslim kids enrol at catholic schools and have to say the daily prayers?? and be part of something they don’t even celebrate? These state schools don’t even compromise??? dont belive what you see because that is the only thing you will ever know!!! Total ignorance. Solo183
  • Score: 3

2:03pm Sat 14 Apr 12

Solo183 says...

The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!!
The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!! Solo183
  • Score: 1

2:14pm Sat 14 Apr 12

Solo183 says...

women second class citizens?infact women still not sure about they rights. read this may shed some light about women in Islam.. :)http://womeninisla
m.ws/en/women-right-
islam.aspx
Happy reading :). I was born white catholic myself , since I became a muslim I now understand the freedom of women, I am proud to be one of them!
women second class citizens?infact women still not sure about they rights. read this may shed some light about women in Islam.. :)http://womeninisla m.ws/en/women-right- islam.aspx Happy reading :). I was born white catholic myself , since I became a muslim I now understand the freedom of women, I am proud to be one of them! Solo183
  • Score: 1

3:35pm Sat 14 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

Solo183 wrote:
The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!!
So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!![/p][/quote]So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching? jack daniels
  • Score: 0

3:42pm Sat 14 Apr 12

sallythomson says...

jack daniels wrote:
Solo183 wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!!
So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?
You are a bigot Jack.
[quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!![/p][/quote]So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?[/p][/quote]You are a bigot Jack. sallythomson
  • Score: 1

10:35pm Sat 14 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sallythomson wrote:
jack daniels wrote:
Solo183 wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!!
So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?
You are a bigot Jack.
No Sally. I don't force my children to religion education centres from an early age. I don't stop my children from mixing with other culture's. I don't arrange my children's future partner with their cousin in another country. I don't dictate what they wear or what they do. This is real 21st century Asian culture in the UK and it's wrong. My comment about grooming was also correct, yet our rapists don't hide behind their culture like those 'men' in Rochdale did in court last week. All of this is true, so I'm not a bigot, but you are an idiot. See, it's not nice to be called names.
[quote][p][bold]sallythomson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!![/p][/quote]So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?[/p][/quote]You are a bigot Jack.[/p][/quote]No Sally. I don't force my children to religion education centres from an early age. I don't stop my children from mixing with other culture's. I don't arrange my children's future partner with their cousin in another country. I don't dictate what they wear or what they do. This is real 21st century Asian culture in the UK and it's wrong. My comment about grooming was also correct, yet our rapists don't hide behind their culture like those 'men' in Rochdale did in court last week. All of this is true, so I'm not a bigot, but you are an idiot. See, it's not nice to be called names. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

Solo183 wrote:
Answer to, Cheese gnome. ..Just like Muslim kids enrol at catholic schools and have to say the daily prayers?? and be part of something they don’t even celebrate? These state schools don’t even compromise??? dont belive what you see because that is the only thing you will ever know!!! Total ignorance.
Your comment shows ignorance.
Muslim children can and do opt out of R.e. Do you really think I would make these remarks without researching first?
No the state schools don't compromise, they bend over backwards to appease.
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: Answer to, Cheese gnome. ..Just like Muslim kids enrol at catholic schools and have to say the daily prayers?? and be part of something they don’t even celebrate? These state schools don’t even compromise??? dont belive what you see because that is the only thing you will ever know!!! Total ignorance.[/p][/quote]Your comment shows ignorance. Muslim children can and do opt out of R.e. Do you really think I would make these remarks without researching first? No the state schools don't compromise, they bend over backwards to appease. Cheese gnome
  • Score: 0

7:07pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

Solo183 wrote:
women second class citizens?infact women still not sure about they rights. read this may shed some light about women in Islam.. :)http://womeninisla

m.ws/en/women-right-

islam.aspx
Happy reading :). I was born white catholic myself , since I became a muslim I now understand the freedom of women, I am proud to be one of them!
I would rather read truth than taqiya
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: women second class citizens?infact women still not sure about they rights. read this may shed some light about women in Islam.. :)http://womeninisla m.ws/en/women-right- islam.aspx Happy reading :). I was born white catholic myself , since I became a muslim I now understand the freedom of women, I am proud to be one of them![/p][/quote]I would rather read truth than taqiya Cheese gnome
  • Score: 0

7:13pm Sun 15 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

sallythomson wrote:
jack daniels wrote:
Solo183 wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!!
So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?
You are a bigot Jack.
Bigot? Do you even know the meaning of the word?
Do a bit of research, have you looked into how long asian gangs have been grooming in Blackburn. Do you know there is a trial in Liverpool as we speak? What race are the oxfordgroomers? Take your head out of mainstream media, look at the facts then come back with the bigot insult. Brainwashed sheeple seems an appropriate name for you
[quote][p][bold]sallythomson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack daniels[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: The strongest argument in favor of sending children to Muslim schools is the presence of an Islamic environment. Muslim kids in most of these schools pray, interact with other multi cutural children in classes and during breaks. They also generally have less exposure to sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. In addition, Muslim schools are a place to build identity and security. I myself went to witton , being a white muslim were do I stand?? I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control, Then the government introduces contraception a early age, when rape is increased and you sit down and wonder why!!!![/p][/quote]So why is gromming so common in the Asian community when they have had a life time of Islamic education and preaching?[/p][/quote]You are a bigot Jack.[/p][/quote]Bigot? Do you even know the meaning of the word? Do a bit of research, have you looked into how long asian gangs have been grooming in Blackburn. Do you know there is a trial in Liverpool as we speak? What race are the oxfordgroomers? Take your head out of mainstream media, look at the facts then come back with the bigot insult. Brainwashed sheeple seems an appropriate name for you Cheese gnome
  • Score: 0

8:21am Mon 16 Apr 12

Alexandra 123 says...

I can understand clearly where you are coming from. I too like you used to live in ignorance until I discovered the truth. I hope that some the same light of truth will be reflected upon you too, I recommend that you study the history of women in Britain, see the situation of our own problems that exist in our society and rethink about the fact that why do we despite what we witness ie, pedophiles, relationships falling apart kids showing disrespect and intolerance the list is endless. Why do we not educate ourselves and gain an insight into the truth, I would have lived in total ignorance . I really pity people who do not make an effort to learn about other people but assume things .
I request you to study and learn about all religions and then comment , remember ignorance breeds ignorance. Yes you are right Grooming is wrong and so is the 10000 and more problems we are facing in our society wrong too ! Yet we turn a blind eye towards the real issues in our own home . Read the Quran and discover the truth it will help to dispel the ignorance .
I can understand clearly where you are coming from. I too like you used to live in ignorance until I discovered the truth. I hope that some the same light of truth will be reflected upon you too, I recommend that you study the history of women in Britain, see the situation of our own problems that exist in our society and rethink about the fact that why do we despite what we witness ie, pedophiles, relationships falling apart kids showing disrespect and intolerance the list is endless. Why do we not educate ourselves and gain an insight into the truth, I would have lived in total ignorance . I really pity people who do not make an effort to learn about other people but assume things . I request you to study and learn about all religions and then comment , remember ignorance breeds ignorance. Yes you are right Grooming is wrong and so is the 10000 and more problems we are facing in our society wrong too ! Yet we turn a blind eye towards the real issues in our own home . Read the Quran and discover the truth it will help to dispel the ignorance . Alexandra 123
  • Score: 1

8:42am Mon 16 Apr 12

Alexandra 123 says...

Cheese gnome I think you are living in total ignorance, which part if the faith do you follow that teaches you to disrespect and defame other people's names as well as religion. You clearly have expressed your hatered towards people you do not even care to learn about I pity you and your ignorance. I hope that people like you learn to be more polite and respectful - the world would be a much better place. I suggest you begin to learn how to pronounce the names of people properly and with respect. Show respect to others so respect is shown towards us. Perhaps you are not just ignorant of other peoples faith it seems you need to brush upon your own too if you have one. I suggest you learn about basics start with the bible then study the Quran. I hope that you learn to show respect if you wish too you can change if not I pity you as I am glad my eyes have opened towards the truth.
I am learning about all faiths I may not be a Muslim but I understand what God taught, He certainly did not teach disrespect! All the best Cheese gnomes with your research on respect, kindness, tolerance and humanity as all as more.
Cheese gnome I think you are living in total ignorance, which part if the faith do you follow that teaches you to disrespect and defame other people's names as well as religion. You clearly have expressed your hatered towards people you do not even care to learn about I pity you and your ignorance. I hope that people like you learn to be more polite and respectful - the world would be a much better place. I suggest you begin to learn how to pronounce the names of people properly and with respect. Show respect to others so respect is shown towards us. Perhaps you are not just ignorant of other peoples faith it seems you need to brush upon your own too if you have one. I suggest you learn about basics start with the bible then study the Quran. I hope that you learn to show respect if you wish too you can change if not I pity you as I am glad my eyes have opened towards the truth. I am learning about all faiths I may not be a Muslim but I understand what God taught, He certainly did not teach disrespect! All the best Cheese gnomes with your research on respect, kindness, tolerance and humanity as all as more. Alexandra 123
  • Score: 1

10:09am Mon 16 Apr 12

Solo183 says...

Cheese gnome
I agree with Alexandre. By the way the asain word can refer to any one does not refer to Muslim, lol....You sound racist, the fact is you cant read the truth, you only read what suits you. And I am quiet happy if you wish to start a debate on christianty and islam, I will show you facts and proof what the bible says about women..
HIDE WOMAN'S VOICE !


The woman should keep silence in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is any thing they desire to know let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.


Woman should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds. read it http://www.missionis
lam.com/comprel/wome
nbible.htm. its from the bible then come back to me and tell me your views, there is no debate without proof
Cheese gnome I agree with Alexandre. By the way the asain word can refer to any one does not refer to Muslim, lol....You sound racist, the fact is you cant read the truth, you only read what suits you. And I am quiet happy if you wish to start a debate on christianty and islam, I will show you facts and proof what the bible says about women.. HIDE WOMAN'S VOICE ! [1 Corin. 14:34] The woman should keep silence in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is any thing they desire to know let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. [1 Timo. 2:9] Woman should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds. read it http://www.missionis lam.com/comprel/wome nbible.htm. its from the bible then come back to me and tell me your views, there is no debate without proof Solo183
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Mon 16 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

What I find funny is that you both seem to think that religion can solve your problems when it is simply a tool used by men to oppress you. There are no woman religious leaders in either the Islamic or Catholic Church and even the Anglicans can’t agree what to do. If religion was so good, why are there statically more muslim men in our prisons than white people (in relation to the UK population). If a lifetime of religious education was a cure to the ills of the world, then why are our prisons full of Asian men? What part of their religious education failed? Surely as an atheist, am I not more likely to be a committer of evil acts, yet I am a law abiding citizen.

Solo, you failed to answer my question regarding this issue. Is this because you know I am correct in what I say? Could you therefore correct this idiot ‘sallythomson’ as clearly I am not a bigot.

As for you comment

“I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control,”

yet numerous muslim countries advocate ‘child bride’ marriages. So which one would you prefer? Give people the choice to live their lives or create a male dominated state which supports the marriage of a 14yr old to a 30yr old man?

To be honest, the fact you question our decision to promote independence disgusts me.

Religion, the worse thing to happen to this planet.
What I find funny is that you both seem to think that religion can solve your problems when it is simply a tool used by men to oppress you. There are no woman religious leaders in either the Islamic or Catholic Church and even the Anglicans can’t agree what to do. If religion was so good, why are there statically more muslim men in our prisons than white people (in relation to the UK population). If a lifetime of religious education was a cure to the ills of the world, then why are our prisons full of Asian men? What part of their religious education failed? Surely as an atheist, am I not more likely to be a committer of evil acts, yet I am a law abiding citizen. Solo, you failed to answer my question regarding this issue. Is this because you know I am correct in what I say? Could you therefore correct this idiot ‘sallythomson’ as clearly I am not a bigot. As for you comment “I know what goes on in these school far too advanced for they age, totally out of control,” yet numerous muslim countries advocate ‘child bride’ marriages. So which one would you prefer? Give people the choice to live their lives or create a male dominated state which supports the marriage of a 14yr old to a 30yr old man? To be honest, the fact you question our decision to promote independence disgusts me. Religion, the worse thing to happen to this planet. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

8:07pm Mon 16 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

They not requesting tax payers money. They fund-raising and that's the difference.
Anyway good-on-yer and hope you generate a decent generation much better then the nut heads who criticise your religion for the sake of it.
They not requesting tax payers money. They fund-raising and that's the difference. Anyway good-on-yer and hope you generate a decent generation much better then the nut heads who criticise your religion for the sake of it. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

8:24pm Mon 16 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
They not requesting tax payers money. They fund-raising and that's the difference.
Anyway good-on-yer and hope you generate a decent generation much better then the nut heads who criticise your religion for the sake of it.
Forth paragraph clearly states an application for government funding. That's money from taxes you nut head. It's not for the sake of it incidentally; I strongly object to my taxes being used to fund segregation by an oppressive religion.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: They not requesting tax payers money. They fund-raising and that's the difference. Anyway good-on-yer and hope you generate a decent generation much better then the nut heads who criticise your religion for the sake of it.[/p][/quote]Forth paragraph clearly states an application for government funding. That's money from taxes you nut head. It's not for the sake of it incidentally; I strongly object to my taxes being used to fund segregation by an oppressive religion. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Mon 16 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

Oppressive religion!
You're reading too much media controlled by the J**s. Jackass.
Oppressive religion! You're reading too much media controlled by the J**s. Jackass. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

12:31pm Tue 17 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
Oppressive religion! You're reading too much media controlled by the J**s. Jackass.
Hmm.. What word is J**s? Not being racist are we? The irony is that you both worship the same God, using the same book. What a joke you are.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: Oppressive religion! You're reading too much media controlled by the J**s. Jackass.[/p][/quote]Hmm.. What word is J**s? Not being racist are we? The irony is that you both worship the same God, using the same book. What a joke you are. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

1:46pm Tue 17 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

J**s is not racism and we certainly do NOT use the same book even though we worship the same God as well as Muslims who use the Quran. You are the one who's a comedian.
J**s is not racism and we certainly do NOT use the same book even though we worship the same God as well as Muslims who use the Quran. You are the one who's a comedian. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

2:56pm Tue 17 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
J**s is not racism and we certainly do NOT use the same book even though we worship the same God as well as Muslims who use the Quran. You are the one who's a comedian.
No, but accusing the J**s of instigating media propaganda against islam would be. Are you going to tell me that there are not elements/characters/
stories from the Old Testament and the Hebrew Bible Torah in the Koran?

Of course there is! Therefore, you are using the same book.

Finally, the fact that you both believe in the same God, have the same prophets, and similar ways of living your life, you disregard them as your enemy. It just goes to show how oppressive you are. In your eyes -If it’s not Islam it wrong!
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: J**s is not racism and we certainly do NOT use the same book even though we worship the same God as well as Muslims who use the Quran. You are the one who's a comedian.[/p][/quote]No, but accusing the J**s of instigating media propaganda against islam would be. Are you going to tell me that there are not elements/characters/ stories from the Old Testament and the Hebrew Bible Torah in the Koran? Of course there is! Therefore, you are using the same book. Finally, the fact that you both believe in the same God, have the same prophets, and similar ways of living your life, you disregard them as your enemy. It just goes to show how oppressive you are. In your eyes -If it’s not Islam it wrong! jack daniels
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Tue 17 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

J D, The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar. However Torah to Moses, Bible to Jesus, and the Quran to Mohamed, we have our own prophets resulting in different beliefs and book regardless of one God. I would suppose Moslems would not regard other religions as their enemies, but that you would have to question them yourself.
J D, The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar. However Torah to Moses, Bible to Jesus, and the Quran to Mohamed, we have our own prophets resulting in different beliefs and book regardless of one God. I would suppose Moslems would not regard other religions as their enemies, but that you would have to question them yourself. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

6:07pm Tue 17 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

J D, The J****h schools have rights for government funding as well as Christian schools. Why should the Moslems be excluded.
J D, The J****h schools have rights for government funding as well as Christian schools. Why should the Moslems be excluded. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

9:37am Wed 18 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
J D, The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar. However Torah to Moses, Bible to Jesus, and the Quran to Mohamed, we have our own prophets resulting in different beliefs and book regardless of one God. I would suppose Moslems would not regard other religions as their enemies, but that you would have to question them yourself.
So you admit that you are using the same book. I never said WHICH book as I was thinking of the old testament, but the fact you state

“The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar”

confirms it. They are in fact more than similar, they are the same.

For example - it is well documented that the prophet Abraham (or Ibrahim ) with help of his son Ismael raised the Kaaba pillars and rebuilt it; as I’m sure you know ;0)

I can’t blame the Palestinians for hating the J**s; Palistine is treated so badly, even I shed a tear (remember the footage of the man and son shot whilst hiding behind those steps) but if you look at other Islamic countries around the world, there is very little love for Christianity or any other religion.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: J D, The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar. However Torah to Moses, Bible to Jesus, and the Quran to Mohamed, we have our own prophets resulting in different beliefs and book regardless of one God. I would suppose Moslems would not regard other religions as their enemies, but that you would have to question them yourself.[/p][/quote]So you admit that you are using the same book. I never said WHICH book as I was thinking of the old testament, but the fact you state “The elements and characters from the Torah to the Bible and the Quran are very very similar” confirms it. They are in fact more than similar, they are the same. For example - it is well documented that the prophet Abraham (or Ibrahim ) with help of his son Ismael raised the Kaaba pillars and rebuilt it; as I’m sure you know ;0) I can’t blame the Palestinians for hating the J**s; Palistine is treated so badly, even I shed a tear (remember the footage of the man and son shot whilst hiding behind those steps) but if you look at other Islamic countries around the world, there is very little love for Christianity or any other religion. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

10:01am Wed 18 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
J D, The J****h schools have rights for government funding as well as Christian schools. Why should the Moslems be excluded.
1 - No religion should have schools based on faith. Not Islam, christianity or Jewish. (why are we using *** anyway -its not a dirty word!!)

2 - Blackburn is very segregated and creating an Islamic primary school means that an asian child will hardly ever interact with a white child and have nothing but Islamic teachings. Where will this child learn about western European culture if it’s schooling, medresa and prayers are Muslim/Asian biased and even more so if one or both parents are straight over from Pakistan/India/Bangl
adesh?

Ask–why am I here if I don’t like western living?

It’s a fair question.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: J D, The J****h schools have rights for government funding as well as Christian schools. Why should the Moslems be excluded.[/p][/quote]1 - No religion should have schools based on faith. Not Islam, christianity or Jewish. (why are we using *** anyway -its not a dirty word!!) 2 - Blackburn is very segregated and creating an Islamic primary school means that an asian child will hardly ever interact with a white child and have nothing but Islamic teachings. Where will this child learn about western European culture if it’s schooling, medresa and prayers are Muslim/Asian biased and even more so if one or both parents are straight over from Pakistan/India/Bangl adesh? Ask–why am I here if I don’t like western living? It’s a fair question. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Wed 18 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

J. D, I take on board your point with regards to segregation, but until faith schools are outlawed, those excluded will feel and remain unjust.
Even though the holy books are very similar because it came from one God, the do's and dont's are very very different. The J**s have never accepted Jesus was a prophet and neither was Mohamed. Their sole question to God is 'Why when you sent a great prophet as Moses and a king as great as Soloman'. The beliefs are very very different.
J. D, I take on board your point with regards to segregation, but until faith schools are outlawed, those excluded will feel and remain unjust. Even though the holy books are very similar because it came from one God, the do's and dont's are very very different. The J**s have never accepted Jesus was a prophet and neither was Mohamed. Their sole question to God is 'Why when you sent a great prophet as Moses and a king as great as Soloman'. The beliefs are very very different. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

3:36pm Wed 18 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
J. D, I take on board your point with regards to segregation, but until faith schools are outlawed, those excluded will feel and remain unjust. Even though the holy books are very similar because it came from one God, the do's and dont's are very very different. The J**s have never accepted Jesus was a prophet and neither was Mohamed. Their sole question to God is 'Why when you sent a great prophet as Moses and a king as great as Soloman'. The beliefs are very very different.
Sorry but you are wrong. The beliefs are still similar, it's just that most people have decided to ignore the more strict ones. If you look at Leviticus in the bible, you will see many similarities with the do's and don'ts. Again why have you used J** like it's a dirty word?

As an athiest I consider religion to be the source of evil and the sooner we end it the better.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: J. D, I take on board your point with regards to segregation, but until faith schools are outlawed, those excluded will feel and remain unjust. Even though the holy books are very similar because it came from one God, the do's and dont's are very very different. The J**s have never accepted Jesus was a prophet and neither was Mohamed. Their sole question to God is 'Why when you sent a great prophet as Moses and a king as great as Soloman'. The beliefs are very very different.[/p][/quote]Sorry but you are wrong. The beliefs are still similar, it's just that most people have decided to ignore the more strict ones. If you look at Leviticus in the bible, you will see many similarities with the do's and don'ts. Again why have you used J** like it's a dirty word? As an athiest I consider religion to be the source of evil and the sooner we end it the better. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

5:48pm Wed 18 Apr 12

sen c bl says...

You are wrong J D. The history is identical and when prophets appeared the beliefs changed, as ordered by them and so it is God's wish that we follow accordingly, and not prophet's.
You are wrong J D. The history is identical and when prophets appeared the beliefs changed, as ordered by them and so it is God's wish that we follow accordingly, and not prophet's. sen c bl
  • Score: 0

8:49am Thu 19 Apr 12

jack daniels says...

sen c bl wrote:
You are wrong J D. The history is identical and when prophets appeared the beliefs changed, as ordered by them and so it is God's wish that we follow accordingly, and not prophet's.
Then I'll agree to disagree then.
Been interesting.

Bye.
[quote][p][bold]sen c bl[/bold] wrote: You are wrong J D. The history is identical and when prophets appeared the beliefs changed, as ordered by them and so it is God's wish that we follow accordingly, and not prophet's.[/p][/quote]Then I'll agree to disagree then. Been interesting. Bye. jack daniels
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Thu 19 Apr 12

Cheese gnome says...

Solo183 wrote:
Cheese gnome
I agree with Alexandre. By the way the asain word can refer to any one does not refer to Muslim, lol....You sound racist, the fact is you cant read the truth, you only read what suits you. And I am quiet happy if you wish to start a debate on christianty and islam, I will show you facts and proof what the bible says about women..
HIDE WOMAN'S VOICE !


The woman should keep silence in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is any thing they desire to know let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.


Woman should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds. read it http://www.missionis

lam.com/comprel/wome

nbible.htm. its from the bible then come back to me and tell me your views, there is no debate without proof
Deary me.
Heres my view on religion of any kind, it sucks. I refuse to worship a figure of anyones imagination. I also refuse to follow this my god is bigger than yours balony.
Thank you though for clearing one thing up, not all Muslims are Asian and not all Asians are Muslim. So i am now free to point out that Muslims do not integrate into society. 45 muslim paedophiles on trial in Liverpool as we speak, 10 muslim paedophiles rumbled in Oxford, Charlene Downes, Lancashire police describing a street in Blackpool as a honeypot. How many muslim taxi drivers have been prosecuted for sexual assaults in Blackburn/Accrington
?
As stated i follow no religion, i am an independant infidel, i know the bible, i know the quran. I also know there are a lot more fundamental muslims than there are fundamental christians.
Now maybe you can answer me this question. Why are there so many cases of muslim paedophiles, and dont give me the oh its only 4% of all paedophiles propaganda that you see on mainstream news. Why is it that muslims cannot integrate, what is wrong with Audley and Whalley range? Why do muslims look upon white females as easy meat and why do muslims look upon non muslims as vermin?
[quote][p][bold]Solo183[/bold] wrote: Cheese gnome I agree with Alexandre. By the way the asain word can refer to any one does not refer to Muslim, lol....You sound racist, the fact is you cant read the truth, you only read what suits you. And I am quiet happy if you wish to start a debate on christianty and islam, I will show you facts and proof what the bible says about women.. HIDE WOMAN'S VOICE ! [1 Corin. 14:34] The woman should keep silence in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is any thing they desire to know let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. [1 Timo. 2:9] Woman should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds. read it http://www.missionis lam.com/comprel/wome nbible.htm. its from the bible then come back to me and tell me your views, there is no debate without proof[/p][/quote]Deary me. Heres my view on religion of any kind, it sucks. I refuse to worship a figure of anyones imagination. I also refuse to follow this my god is bigger than yours balony. Thank you though for clearing one thing up, not all Muslims are Asian and not all Asians are Muslim. So i am now free to point out that Muslims do not integrate into society. 45 muslim paedophiles on trial in Liverpool as we speak, 10 muslim paedophiles rumbled in Oxford, Charlene Downes, Lancashire police describing a street in Blackpool as a honeypot. How many muslim taxi drivers have been prosecuted for sexual assaults in Blackburn/Accrington ? As stated i follow no religion, i am an independant infidel, i know the bible, i know the quran. I also know there are a lot more fundamental muslims than there are fundamental christians. Now maybe you can answer me this question. Why are there so many cases of muslim paedophiles, and dont give me the oh its only 4% of all paedophiles propaganda that you see on mainstream news. Why is it that muslims cannot integrate, what is wrong with Audley and Whalley range? Why do muslims look upon white females as easy meat and why do muslims look upon non muslims as vermin? Cheese gnome
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree