Lancashire Telegraph‘Electric’ sparked a blaze at Blackburn poultry farm (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

‘Electric’ sparked a blaze at Blackburn poultry farm

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a chicken shed in Blackburn.

The 100m by 25m timber shed at Knuzden Brook Poultry Farm, in Haslingden Old Road, is believed to have caught fire after an electrical fault caused a spark, which spread to the structure’s thick insulation.

Blackburn watch manager Damian Hartley said breathing apparatus, ventilation units and jets were used to extinguish the flames on Monday evening.

He said: “Around 20 square metres of the shed were damaged by the fire.

“There were no chickens in the shed at that time and the electrics were isolated.

“The farmer was at the scene and he was grateful that there was nobody in the shed.”

Related links

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:00am Wed 4 Apr 12

harrythehamster says...

A chicken shed in Blackburn? I couldn't have been Deadwood Park could it?
A chicken shed in Blackburn? I couldn't have been Deadwood Park could it? harrythehamster
  • Score: 0

11:01am Wed 4 Apr 12

harrythehamster says...

A person said they were glad that nobody was in the shed att he time.A typical home game then?
A person said they were glad that nobody was in the shed att he time.A typical home game then? harrythehamster
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree