When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Lancashire fire brigade warning over giant lighters after blaze
7:00pm Tuesday 16th October 2012 in News
FIREFIGHTERS and Trading Standards are warning people not to use 'giant' cigarette lighters after one set fire to the arm of a settee.
The fabric burst into flame when the six-inch novelty self-ignited after being used to light a cigarette.
County Councillor Albert Atkinson, deputy leader of Lancashire County Council, said: "Clearly these oversized lighters pose a potential fire hazard and can cause serious injury so I would urge anybody who has one to stop using it straight away.
"We would also ask reailers who still have stocks to immediately remove them from sale."
Comments are closed on this article.