Lancashire TelegraphQuick-thinking Blackburn chippy staff stop blaze spreading (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Quick-thinking Blackburn chippy staff stop blaze spreading

QUICK-thinking staff stopped a fire from spreading when a faulty fryer caused a blaze at a Blackburn chip shop.

The fire, at 10pm on Friday, saw customers evacuated as staff at the Livesey Branch Road shop worked to contain the blaze. The frying range burst into flames but staff were able to contain the fire by closing the lid before calling the fire service.

Crew manager Dave Hilliard said: “They did the right thing by containing the blaze. The situation was in hand when we arrived. The entire range was on fire and it was still very hot when we showed up. We ensured the gas was turned off and waited for it to cool down before using a ventilation system.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree