When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Two charged after Ramsbottom chef is assaulted
TWO men appeared in court charged in connection with an an attack on a chef who was left critically ill in hospital.
Police officers said Farhad Ghassemi, 32, a second chef at Ramson’s, in Ramsbottom, was attacked by a group of men as he made his way home from work on Friday evening.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to a bleed on the brain and he still remains in the intensive care unit at Salford Royal Hospital, in a critical but stable condition.
His partner Louise, colleagues and friends are keeping a vigil at his bedside.
Co-owner of Ramson’s, Chris Johnson, said Mr Ghassemi ‘was part of my extended family’.
He said: “Since this happened I’ve thought about Farhad every moment of every day.
“And everybody who knows him will tell you what type of fellow he is – warm, kind generous and loyal. And support that he is now getting is incredible. From all his colleagues in the restaurant trade, and his neighbours in Ramsbottom and all our customers.
“I’ve been to see him twice a day.
“We are all willing and praying for him to get better soon.”
At about 11pm on Friday police were called to the junction of Bridge Street and Bolton Street following reports of a fight.
Mr Ghassemi was then found unconscious at the scene.
Police said he had been punched to the floor and then punched and kicked while he was down, including being kicked to the head.
Two men, a 24-year-old from Ramsbottom and a 19-year-old from Bury, appeared in court yesterday charged with assault.
The first man was remanded in custody with the teenager released on bail until October 1.
Two other men who were arrested, aged 21 and 23, have been bailed pending further police inquiries.
Comments are closed on this article.