When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Burnley short-cut teen broke ASBO
A TEENAGER with an ASBO flouted the court order by taking a shortcut home, Burnley magistrates heard.
Wayne Lord, 19, banned from some of the area around where he lived under the ASBO, was not allowed to walk on Ribble Avenue in the town under the order.
He had been given the three-year restraining order last August, after a public order offence, to prevent him from contacting the victim and going near the victim’s family home, the court was told.
The hearing was told how the victim had called the police when he saw Lord outside his house.
He believed he was trying to intimidate him and that the situation would get worse.
Lord, of Sedburgh Street, Burnley, admitted breaching the court order on or between August 7 and August 10. He was given an 18-hour attendance centre order.
Parveen Akhtar, prosecuting, said when Lord was arrested, he told police he had not spoken to the victim. He apologised and said he had not intended any intimidation.
Mark Williams, for Lord, said he had had difficulties at home. That led to an ASBO, to stop him going into an area around where he lived. He then got the restraining order after the public order offence.
The solicitor added the quickest way for the defendant to get home to Sedburgh Street was to cut across Ribble Avenue.
He added: “He has taken that chance.”