When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Engineer suffers burns in accident in Great Harwood
6:12pm Tuesday 7th August 2012 in News
AN ENGINEER suffered burns to his legs when a butane container he was using to complete repairs caused a fire.
The man was completing maintainance work in the boiler room of The Gamecock Inn, in Great Harwood, using expanding foam in a pressurised container.
However, the foam was ignited by a pilot light from an adjacent boiler.
The engineer managed to extinguished the flames before fire crews arrived, using a hose pipe, but sustained minor burns to his lower legs. Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service say the blaze caused light fire damage to the boiler room and light smoke damage to the kitchen.
The fire service say the incident is a reminder to treat pressurised containers with care. A spokesman said: “We would like to give a reminder to all that many of these canisters contain butane as an expellant. Therefore they should be always be used in a well ventilated area with no naked flames present.”
Comments are closed on this article.