FIREFIGHTERS from Burnley station were called to a house in Travis Street in Daneshouse after fumes from an oven triggered a smoke alarm.

The incident happed at 6.30pm this evening.

Crew manager Damian Hartley said: "When we arrived the four adult occupants and a small child had evacuated the house.

"They had left the oven on in the kitchen and gone into the living room and the fat in a grill pan started smoking,

"We removed the grill pan from the oven and cleared the house of smoke. There were no casualties."