FIRE crews spent two hours at a Blackburn business putting out an 'accidental' fire in a kiln.

The incident took place on Sett End Road in Shadsworth after reports of smoke at an industrial unit at 3.30am.

Two engines from Blackburn and another from Darwen attended the scene and six fire fighters extinguished the fire.


Chris West, of Blackburn Fire station said: "There was a fair amount of smoke coming from the chimney in the unit and we gained access through forcible entry.

"It was an accidental fire in the business as it was processing and manufacturing and it overheated in the kiln.

"Nobody was in the building or injured."