A PERSON was treated by paramedics after being trapped in a house with a small fire inside.

Firefighters responded to a 999 call at a house in Laneshaw Close, Darwen, at just before 7.30pm yesterday after reports someone might be inside.

Three fire engines and crews were sent to the scene and the person was given a precautionary check-up. A Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Three fire engines and crews, two from Darwen and one from Blackburn, responded to a 999 call which reported that someone might still be inside.

“Firefighters called for paramedics to give the occupant a precautionary check for the effects of breathing smoke and discovered a small fire believed to have been started by a light fitting.”