Residents-only parking move for Blackburn with Darwen

Residents-only parking move for Blackburn with Darwen

Residents-only parking move for Blackburn with Darwen

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Local government reporter

A REVIEW of Blackburn with Darwen’s system for granting residents-only parking orders has been launched.

Officials are preparing new guidelines for how and where the restrictions should be introduced following growing numbers of applications from people living in busy streets.

The shake-up proposal was announced at the borough’s planning committee as it considered a petition for a scheme on Green Street East in Darwen.

Councillors heard that staff from the new Wetherspoons pub ‘The Old Chapel’ had started parking on the road, angering householders.

The report on the 11 signature document said the ‘pub/eatery is proving very popular’.

It added: “The petitioners say that this has increased visitor parking on their street with some vehicles there until the early hours of the morning.

“Consequently, residents struggle to find places to park.”

Now regeneration and highway boss Maureen Bateson has decided its is time to look again at the rules governing the granting of residents parking orders.

They normally mean householders have to pay a charge for reserved spots of between £10 and £25.

Currently there are 11 such zones - three in Ewood, two in Blackburn North, and one each in Infirmary, Kirby Road, Haslingden Road, Queens Park, Randal Street and Shear Brow.

Consideration of the request for a scheme on Green Street East was shelved until the new policy is in place later this year or early next.

Coun Bateson said: “It is time to look again at this whole issue.

“The council’s current policy on residents parking was formulated before the council became responsible for parking enforcement and before recent rises in car ownership.

“We receive several requests for this each year and often we get one group of residents wanting the restricted parking permit scheme and another objecting to it.

“Shear Brow was a classic example of this with petitions in favour of the proposal and other petitions opposing it.

“We need a clear and understandable blueprint for granting these orders.”

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:43am Mon 28 Jul 14

Reasons says...

Councillors heard that staff from the new Wetherspoons pub ‘The Old Chapel’ had started parking on the road, angering householders

O no what next!!!People standing still on pathway
Councillors heard that staff from the new Wetherspoons pub ‘The Old Chapel’ had started parking on the road, angering householders O no what next!!!People standing still on pathway Reasons
  • Score: 161

12:52pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Dreams Yarn On says...

And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.
And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply. Dreams Yarn On
  • Score: 172

1:06pm Mon 28 Jul 14

ConcernedOssy says...

Dreams Yarn On wrote:
And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.
Agreed and long Overdue !!!
[quote][p][bold]Dreams Yarn On[/bold] wrote: And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.[/p][/quote]Agreed and long Overdue !!! ConcernedOssy
  • Score: 143

1:17pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

ConcernedOssy wrote:
Dreams Yarn On wrote:
And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.
Agreed and long Overdue !!!
The area around Whalley Range most vacant spaces are taken by 'outside' shoppers who park their vehicles and run to town to avoid parking fees thus preventing genuine house owners from occupying their space. They then end up parking on street corners and obstructively until their space is once again vacant to be reparked once again.
No doubt YOU and the other muppet are the guilty ones hence why you mention these two 'NO GO' areas. How else would you two be aware of such circumstance???
[quote][p][bold]ConcernedOssy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dreams Yarn On[/bold] wrote: And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.[/p][/quote]Agreed and long Overdue !!![/p][/quote]The area around Whalley Range most vacant spaces are taken by 'outside' shoppers who park their vehicles and run to town to avoid parking fees thus preventing genuine house owners from occupying their space. They then end up parking on street corners and obstructively until their space is once again vacant to be reparked once again. No doubt YOU and the other muppet are the guilty ones hence why you mention these two 'NO GO' areas. How else would you two be aware of such circumstance??? sen c b l
  • Score: -163

2:34pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down.
That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.
Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down. That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson. sen c b l
  • Score: -83

2:47pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

Have you noticed how after casting a thumbs up or thumbs down you could return back to the related article only to cast your preference again.
These two loners 'concerned tosser' and 'dream yawn' are doing just that as they have their time to flick and play with the keyboards.
4kern loners
Have you noticed how after casting a thumbs up or thumbs down you could return back to the related article only to cast your preference again. These two loners 'concerned tosser' and 'dream yawn' are doing just that as they have their time to flick and play with the keyboards. 4kern loners sen c b l
  • Score: -72

3:01pm Mon 28 Jul 14

255.255.255.0 says...

The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.
The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either. 255.255.255.0
  • Score: -54

3:09pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Bellypork says...

Moan, moan, try living on fernhurst on match day, people parking everywhere. It's life get on with it!
Moan, moan, try living on fernhurst on match day, people parking everywhere. It's life get on with it! Bellypork
  • Score: 60

3:16pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Smee Again says...

It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over?
It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over? Smee Again
  • Score: 52

3:46pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

Bellypork wrote:
Moan, moan, try living on fernhurst on match day, people parking everywhere. It's life get on with it!
Ok bellypig park your 455 on your sofa and skid in your own muck but for the Whalley Rangers they're doing something about it and when they achieve their goal no doubt they will expect criticism from yourself for their achievement.
[quote][p][bold]Bellypork[/bold] wrote: Moan, moan, try living on fernhurst on match day, people parking everywhere. It's life get on with it![/p][/quote]Ok bellypig park your 455 on your sofa and skid in your own muck but for the Whalley Rangers they're doing something about it and when they achieve their goal no doubt they will expect criticism from yourself for their achievement. sen c b l
  • Score: -55

4:07pm Mon 28 Jul 14

hasslem hasslem says...

255.255.255.0 wrote:
The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.
Apologies - but I am afraid you are quite wrong - unless it is reserved parking or a dropped pavement (or some other form of legal parking restriction) the driver has he right to park wherever they want for as long as the vehicle is fully taxed and insured.

You may be correct about "a show of understanding" but in that means sweet FA in the eyes of the law.
[quote][p][bold]255.255.255.0[/bold] wrote: The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.[/p][/quote]Apologies - but I am afraid you are quite wrong - unless it is reserved parking or a dropped pavement (or some other form of legal parking restriction) the driver has he right to park wherever they want for as long as the vehicle is fully taxed and insured. You may be correct about "a show of understanding" but in that means sweet FA in the eyes of the law. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: -40

4:29pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Bellypork says...

Who are the Whalley Rangers? Anyone help me with this?
Who are the Whalley Rangers? Anyone help me with this? Bellypork
  • Score: 45

4:45pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

Whalley Rangers! ?

Just guess. Do I need to spell everything out.

Typical Blackburnian!
Whalley Rangers! ? Just guess. Do I need to spell everything out. Typical Blackburnian! sen c b l
  • Score: -52

5:12pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

255.255.255.0 wrote:
The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.
You're quite and it is therefore why the council have marked painted parking bays in the Whalley Range area resulting in minimal cars from the alien ghetto using your neighbourhood as a car park. Those working in the precint should pay for their parking fees and the council have upheld your concerns and as genuine. Well done.
[quote][p][bold]255.255.255.0[/bold] wrote: The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.[/p][/quote]You're quite and it is therefore why the council have marked painted parking bays in the Whalley Range area resulting in minimal cars from the alien ghetto using your neighbourhood as a car park. Those working in the precint should pay for their parking fees and the council have upheld your concerns and as genuine. Well done. sen c b l
  • Score: -54

5:12pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Bellypork says...

Now now, very petty, u must be part of the under 7,s
Now now, very petty, u must be part of the under 7,s Bellypork
  • Score: 51

5:36pm Mon 28 Jul 14

phil kernot says...

Another scam to make money out of people with cars and residents. ,,,if you have paid road tax you should be able to park anywhere with out getting a parking fine ,,, so what if Somone parks outside your house ,, it's not the end of the world and now the reason here is parking services from capita ,, is on the way out for various reasons I won't go into ,, so to get more revenue and tax the council makes it seem like there's a problem when there's not. ,,,, most of the enforcement officers are from a agency and don't know the law from a single to a double yellow line and saying ,, that the managers not too ,, that's why they employ a legal eagle full time ,,,, so say no to parking permits and we might get rid of the enforcement officers once and for all :)
Another scam to make money out of people with cars and residents. ,,,if you have paid road tax you should be able to park anywhere with out getting a parking fine ,,, so what if Somone parks outside your house ,, it's not the end of the world and now the reason here is parking services from capita ,, is on the way out for various reasons I won't go into ,, so to get more revenue and tax the council makes it seem like there's a problem when there's not. ,,,, most of the enforcement officers are from a agency and don't know the law from a single to a double yellow line and saying ,, that the managers not too ,, that's why they employ a legal eagle full time ,,,, so say no to parking permits and we might get rid of the enforcement officers once and for all :) phil kernot
  • Score: 47

7:43pm Mon 28 Jul 14

The Seagull has landed says...

Bellypork wrote:
Who are the Whalley Rangers? Anyone help me with this?
Some kind of rag tag band that will no doubt have their fingers in all sorts of criminality pies.
[quote][p][bold]Bellypork[/bold] wrote: Who are the Whalley Rangers? Anyone help me with this?[/p][/quote]Some kind of rag tag band that will no doubt have their fingers in all sorts of criminality pies. The Seagull has landed
  • Score: 32

7:51pm Mon 28 Jul 14

The Seagull has landed says...

sen c b l wrote:
Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down.
That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.
Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act.

By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage.

Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen.

You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down. That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.[/p][/quote]Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act. By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage. Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen. You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen? The Seagull has landed
  • Score: 35

7:52pm Mon 28 Jul 14

The Seagull has landed says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
255.255.255.0 wrote:
The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.
Apologies - but I am afraid you are quite wrong - unless it is reserved parking or a dropped pavement (or some other form of legal parking restriction) the driver has he right to park wherever they want for as long as the vehicle is fully taxed and insured.

You may be correct about "a show of understanding" but in that means sweet FA in the eyes of the law.
Bang on the money.
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]255.255.255.0[/bold] wrote: The so called no go Areas used to be filled with cars from people who work in and around town for 9 hours a day. Mostly from outsiders. Just because you pay road tax doesnt give you the right to park anywhere and causing distress to others. This is where a show of understanding needs to happen. What if someone parked outside your house every day? Im sure you woudnt like it either.[/p][/quote]Apologies - but I am afraid you are quite wrong - unless it is reserved parking or a dropped pavement (or some other form of legal parking restriction) the driver has he right to park wherever they want for as long as the vehicle is fully taxed and insured. You may be correct about "a show of understanding" but in that means sweet FA in the eyes of the law.[/p][/quote]Bang on the money. The Seagull has landed
  • Score: 31

8:29pm Mon 28 Jul 14

sen c b l says...

The Seagull has landed wrote:
sen c b l wrote:
Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down.
That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.
Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act.

By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage.

Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen.

You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?
Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off.
Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull?
[quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down. That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.[/p][/quote]Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act. By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage. Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen. You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?[/p][/quote]Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off. Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull? sen c b l
  • Score: -31

10:21pm Mon 28 Jul 14

The Seagull has landed says...

sen c b l wrote:
The Seagull has landed wrote:
sen c b l wrote:
Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down.
That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.
Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act.

By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage.

Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen.

You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?
Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off.
Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull?
Yes I have the boys in blue knocking on my door all the time Sen, I have friends and family in the police force.

And far from having another bizarre mental illness fulled rant at me you should be thanking me for pointing out the criminal offence you have committed and put you back on the straight and narrow.
My comment was directly related to the article Sen. Regardless of how you feel you just cannot go round encouraging others to damage other people's property. In the western world we are civilised and don't do that kind of thing.
And before you say it Sen, no I'm not drunk. A bloody chance would be a fine thing!!!
You should join me for a few jars sometime Sen, I'm sure we would had quite a civilised evening talking about all things topical and controversial!!!
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down. That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.[/p][/quote]Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act. By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage. Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen. You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?[/p][/quote]Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off. Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull?[/p][/quote]Yes I have the boys in blue knocking on my door all the time Sen, I have friends and family in the police force. And far from having another bizarre mental illness fulled rant at me you should be thanking me for pointing out the criminal offence you have committed and put you back on the straight and narrow. My comment was directly related to the article Sen. Regardless of how you feel you just cannot go round encouraging others to damage other people's property. In the western world we are civilised and don't do that kind of thing. And before you say it Sen, no I'm not drunk. A bloody chance would be a fine thing!!! You should join me for a few jars sometime Sen, I'm sure we would had quite a civilised evening talking about all things topical and controversial!!! The Seagull has landed
  • Score: 25

8:16am Tue 29 Jul 14

Just an observer says...

Merely an observation here but, isn't illegal to park on the pavement anywhere? are you not to park on a single yellow line between x-x hours?
Oh look at the picture posted,clearly showing parking at it's best. Surely that should get a parking ticket?? Only saying what i can see here folks.
Merely an observation here but, isn't illegal to park on the pavement anywhere? are you not to park on a single yellow line between x-x hours? Oh look at the picture posted,clearly showing parking at it's best. Surely that should get a parking ticket?? Only saying what i can see here folks. Just an observer
  • Score: 21

5:15pm Tue 29 Jul 14

boynesider says...

audley range appears to totally lawless when it comes to parking.on the pavement/double yellows/zigzags and at the lights.complete madness
audley range appears to totally lawless when it comes to parking.on the pavement/double yellows/zigzags and at the lights.complete madness boynesider
  • Score: 15

8:25am Thu 31 Jul 14

Fartonadingleshead says...

sen c b l wrote:
ConcernedOssy wrote:
Dreams Yarn On wrote:
And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.
Agreed and long Overdue !!!
The area around Whalley Range most vacant spaces are taken by 'outside' shoppers who park their vehicles and run to town to avoid parking fees thus preventing genuine house owners from occupying their space. They then end up parking on street corners and obstructively until their space is once again vacant to be reparked once again.
No doubt YOU and the other muppet are the guilty ones hence why you mention these two 'NO GO' areas. How else would you two be aware of such circumstance???
Their space???? I pay vehicle tax, so it's my space too.
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ConcernedOssy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dreams Yarn On[/bold] wrote: And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.[/p][/quote]Agreed and long Overdue !!![/p][/quote]The area around Whalley Range most vacant spaces are taken by 'outside' shoppers who park their vehicles and run to town to avoid parking fees thus preventing genuine house owners from occupying their space. They then end up parking on street corners and obstructively until their space is once again vacant to be reparked once again. No doubt YOU and the other muppet are the guilty ones hence why you mention these two 'NO GO' areas. How else would you two be aware of such circumstance???[/p][/quote]Their space???? I pay vehicle tax, so it's my space too. Fartonadingleshead
  • Score: 7

8:39am Thu 31 Jul 14

Fartonadingleshead says...

The Seagull has landed wrote:
sen c b l wrote:
The Seagull has landed wrote:
sen c b l wrote:
Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down.
That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.
Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act.

By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage.

Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen.

You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?
Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off.
Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull?
Yes I have the boys in blue knocking on my door all the time Sen, I have friends and family in the police force.

And far from having another bizarre mental illness fulled rant at me you should be thanking me for pointing out the criminal offence you have committed and put you back on the straight and narrow.
My comment was directly related to the article Sen. Regardless of how you feel you just cannot go round encouraging others to damage other people's property. In the western world we are civilised and don't do that kind of thing.
And before you say it Sen, no I'm not drunk. A bloody chance would be a fine thing!!!
You should join me for a few jars sometime Sen, I'm sure we would had quite a civilised evening talking about all things topical and controversial!!!
He will be wanting reserved parking and a reserved trolley at asda next.
[quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: Scratch the paint work or better still put all four tyres down. That'll teach the 'outsiders' an expensive lesson.[/p][/quote]Section 8 accessories and abbetors act 1861 states it is an offence to "counsel" a criminal act. By posting what you have posted Sen you are counselling the offence of criminal damage. Expect the boys in blue to come knocking on your door Sen. You really are a buffoon aren't you Sen?[/p][/quote]Up yours ladyboy. I know what's bothering you, my other posts. Like always got buggerole to contribute to the article but criticising other commentstors. Check your previous vocabulary, knob pr1ck, d1@k, pen15, you will know all about the boys in blue knocking on your door! Git barred eh, good k off. Fell out with your female partner and converted to a male admirer. Can't love and live with anyone, can you seagull?[/p][/quote]Yes I have the boys in blue knocking on my door all the time Sen, I have friends and family in the police force. And far from having another bizarre mental illness fulled rant at me you should be thanking me for pointing out the criminal offence you have committed and put you back on the straight and narrow. My comment was directly related to the article Sen. Regardless of how you feel you just cannot go round encouraging others to damage other people's property. In the western world we are civilised and don't do that kind of thing. And before you say it Sen, no I'm not drunk. A bloody chance would be a fine thing!!! You should join me for a few jars sometime Sen, I'm sure we would had quite a civilised evening talking about all things topical and controversial!!![/p][/quote]He will be wanting reserved parking and a reserved trolley at asda next. Fartonadingleshead
  • Score: 6

1:32pm Thu 31 Jul 14

CapitaBackHander says...

Smee Again wrote:
It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over?
Children shouldn't be playing on the street so I don't see your point - usually the case when no reason for point of argument.
If the council didn't have so many spaces labelled up disabled then maybe people wouldn't have to park on so called residential streets.
[quote][p][bold]Smee Again[/bold] wrote: It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over?[/p][/quote]Children shouldn't be playing on the street so I don't see your point - usually the case when no reason for point of argument. If the council didn't have so many spaces labelled up disabled then maybe people wouldn't have to park on so called residential streets. CapitaBackHander
  • Score: 2

9:23pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Smee Again says...

CapitaBackHander wrote:
Smee Again wrote:
It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over?
Children shouldn't be playing on the street so I don't see your point - usually the case when no reason for point of argument.
If the council didn't have so many spaces labelled up disabled then maybe people wouldn't have to park on so called residential streets.
So children never run across street, most people on a one way street look only one way, not sure what you mean by no point of argument when it was another statement on the back of the real subject (parking), you are quite right regarding disabled bays, some people do not deserve them, some no longer live at that premises but the disabled bay remains after they have gone. My argument was not whether residential parking should be given but stating it was not just the Wetherspoons causing the issue plus some people not possessing adequate driving skills that would allow them to park in such a way as to take up one space rather than two.
[quote][p][bold]CapitaBackHander[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smee Again[/bold] wrote: It's not just the staff and punters of the Wetherspoons pub or other pubs in the area, it's also the shop owners, staff, shoppers and other businesses in the area of Green Street East which for the benefit of those who do not have a clue of its whereabouts is a few strides from the local market and town centre. Cars parking in this and surrounding streets have been damaged due to narrowness of the streets and the method of parking on Green St East which is beyond some drivers level of competence resulting in them taking up the space of 2 cars. One last thing, it is a one way street and just lately I have witnessed 3 cars going the wrong way, how long before a child gets knocked over?[/p][/quote]Children shouldn't be playing on the street so I don't see your point - usually the case when no reason for point of argument. If the council didn't have so many spaces labelled up disabled then maybe people wouldn't have to park on so called residential streets.[/p][/quote]So children never run across street, most people on a one way street look only one way, not sure what you mean by no point of argument when it was another statement on the back of the real subject (parking), you are quite right regarding disabled bays, some people do not deserve them, some no longer live at that premises but the disabled bay remains after they have gone. My argument was not whether residential parking should be given but stating it was not just the Wetherspoons causing the issue plus some people not possessing adequate driving skills that would allow them to park in such a way as to take up one space rather than two. Smee Again
  • Score: 6

8:52pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Darreners make sense says...

Dreams Yarn On wrote:
And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.
The same goes for Granville st off Preston New Rd especially on a Friday. I have heard on the grapevine that traffic violations are ignored on Granville St on a Friday for prayers. Cars are just abandoned anywhere, on pavements, street corners causing obstructions, even double yellow lines.
[quote][p][bold]Dreams Yarn On[/bold] wrote: And why shouldn't they be able to park on the road. These people will have road tax also. Just because you live there doesn't mean the road outside belongs to you. Parking issues in Audley and Whalley range areas should be top of the agenda where parking laws don't seem to apply.[/p][/quote]The same goes for Granville st off Preston New Rd especially on a Friday. I have heard on the grapevine that traffic violations are ignored on Granville St on a Friday for prayers. Cars are just abandoned anywhere, on pavements, street corners causing obstructions, even double yellow lines. Darreners make sense
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree