Haslingden fire prompts warning

First published in News

A FIRE caused by smoking materials has left one householder suffering from burns and another treated by paramedics for inhaling fumes.

Firefighters are urging smokers to take more care after being alerted to the living room blaze at the Edenhurst apartments, off Manchester Road, Haslingden, at around 12.40pm on Sunday.

Rawtenstall firefighters wearing breathing apparatus led two people from the ground-floor flat and used fans to disperse the smoke.

The pair were treated at the scene by paramedics, with one suffering burns and the other from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Crew manager Stephen Morley, of Rawtenstall fire station, said that an armchair in the living room had caught fire because of smoking materials.

He urged householders to take extra care when disposing of cigarettes and ensure they had a working smoke alarm, in the event of an emergency.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree