PENDLE MP Andrew Stephenson had to miss his own jobs fair after being diagnosed with gangrenous appendicitis.
Mr Stephenson went to the Burnley Urgent Care Centre for the second time this week and was told he was suffering from the more advanced form of appendicitis.
On Monday he went to the hospital and was told he was probably suffering from food poisoning, but with the condition not clearing up he returned on Friday.
Mr Stephenson posted a picture of himself in his hospital bed on Twitter and said: “Gutted to have missed my own Pendle Jobs Fair, but proud of my staff for managing without me. Sadly diagnosed with gangrenous appendicitis.”
The third annual Pendle Jobs Fair, which is organised by Mr Stephenson, took place yesterday (Friday) at the Colne Muni.
It featured hundreds of youngsters from local secondary schools and representatives from dozens of local employers.
Mr Stephenson is also set to miss appointments and events in Pendle this weekend.
A gangrenous appendicitis almost always requires surgery.
On Monday he told his followers on Twitter: “Feared I had appendicitis, but more likely bad food poisoning. Sadly that means I missed all today's appointments. Apologies to all.
“Huge thanks to the wonderful staff at Burnley General’s Urgent Care Centre, who were fantastic this morning when I needed to use the service.”