FIREFIGHTERS have urged residents to take extra precautions to prevent grass fires.
It comes after they were called to put out a blaze in Bacup yesterday.
A spokesman said grass fires happened more regularly when the weather warmed up and people should be more careful with how they discard items like cigarettes.
Yesterday’s blaze happened in New Line at about 2.15pm.
Approximately 15 square metres of grass was on fire.
Firefighters were at the scene for around 10 minutes and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.