A FIRE broke out in a bedroom of a house in Mill Hill, Blackburn.
Crews arrived in Norfolk Street just after 4pm yesterday to find the back bedroom in the terraced house on fire.
They used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, and a ventilation unit to tackle the blaze.
The fire caused severe damage to a bathroom and severe heat and smoke damage to the first floor.
Fire crews were alerted to the blaze by a 999 call, but the house was unoccupied at the time. The property did not have a working smoke alarm.