When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Valentines Day in East Lancashire: 10 Top Tips
IT’S that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day is here and whether you’re loved-up or dreading it, we have 10 ideas to set you up.
From romance to no-mance, and every quirky alternate in-between, there will be no excuse for being unprepared.
Bare in mind, these ideas come from a singleton, so take them with a pinch of salt.
1) Go choo-choo for each other with a Rail Ale Trail Tour. East Lancashire Railway will be hosting a Beer Lovers Valentines Special on February 15. Starting from Bolton Street, Bury, you’ll be treated to more than just the sights of your sweetheart. The tours cost £31.50 per person and include a guided tour, pub stops and a lunch along the East Lancashire Railway. Call 0161 764 7790 for more information and to book.
2) Football on the brain? Been to Southampton but never been to Scunthorpe (Tinie Tempah joke, please forgive me) Accrington Stanley v Scunthorpe (weather permitting) would certainly prove your love to the man in your life. Kick off at 7:45pm, under the twilight, what could be more romantic...
3) Fancy a climb up Pendle? No? Don’t blame you! Stop off at The Pendle Inn instead. Barley’s Country pub provides a warm feel, with delicious food, and for Valentine’s Day they’ll even treat you to live music. Along with a deal to moo-n over: 2 Local Rib-Eye Steaks and a bottle of wine for £40, you can’t go wrong! Call 01282 614808 to book... And to hear the vegetarian alternative.
4) If you’d prefer a cosy night with your partner, or cat... Treat yourself to an M&S dine in for 2 range. With a bottle of bubbles thrown in just for Valentine’s Day, you can’t complain. For £20, you’ll be indulged with a starter, main, pud, side, chocolate hearts and wine or a soft drink.
5) If, like me, you’ll be spending your Valentine’s Day, or Friday night as I call it, with no better company than yourself. Get down to Tesco’s/Sainsbury’s/Asda (delete as appropriate) and treat yourself to a tub of Ben and Jerry’s... After writing this, I may even take it one step further and go for Hagen Daaz.
6) After throwing a football idea in here, I have to even the score and include a Spa day. For £100, Poppies Beautybank on Manchester Road, Burnley are treating couples to a hot stone body massage (both of you!) and extend the treat even further by giving you the option of a Pressure Point Foot Massage or (goodness knows the man would need it) a Tension Relaxing Head Massage. Including Champagne and love heart chocolates just to make the romance that bit sweeter. Call 01282 457995 to book.
7) Sign up to a dating website! Simple yet effective... Unless you’re already attached, of course!
8) Does Valentine’s Day remind you that you don’t spend enough time together? Why not book a mini-break away together? From Blackpool to Venice, the possibilities are endless.
9) Not everyone is as high maintenance as me, for some people it’s the little things that make the big difference. If you’re away on Valentine’s Day, leave a little note under your loved ones pillow to surprise her/him in the morning.
10) Surprise her with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Le Rain Florist, based in Blackburn Market has a wide variation of diverse floral bouquets and gift items. Call 01254 669176.
We all know everybody loves the comment section, leave your ideas there!