When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Cocktail of drugs killed Blackburn man, 40
8:00pm Friday 10th January 2014 in News
A 40-YEAR-OLD man died after taking a cocktail of drugs, a coroners court has ruled.
As well as taking heroin and crack cocaine with his brother Damian at their home in Vincent Street, Blackburn, Mr Martindale also had morphine, diazepam, methodone and amytriptyline in his system.
Paramedics were called after Mr Martindale was found collapsed by his father, but they confirmed that he was already dead.
Michael Singleton, coroner for Blackburn with Darwen, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley, said the cause of death was multi drug toxicity.
He said: “I am satisfied that it was on October 19, 2013, whilst at his home address that Wayne had taken heroin and crack cocaine in addition to other drugs that had been prescribed for him.
“The effect of those drugs together was to cause cardio respiratory arrest.
“I have heard no evidence that would suggest that this was an intentional attempt to cause him any harm.”
Comments are closed on this article.