Firemen tackle Blackburn fuse box blaze

First published in News

FIRE crews were called to a blaze in the early hours of this morning in Blackburn after a fuse box caught fire.

Two crews attended Sett End Road, Shadsworth, and battled the fire for two hours.

Watch manager Lee Cook said: “We received a call at 6.10am and also received a call from the owner of the commercial property reporting flames near the fuse box.

“Pipes appeared to have fractured and a large amount of steam was released into the premises over a number of hours.

“That steam has then condensed and sparked a fire.

“This incident is not being treated as suspicious.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree