Bacup man treated for smoke inhalation after blaze

A PASSER-BY was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a house in Bacup.

The blaze, in Tong Lane, started at around midday yesterday after a used roasting tin went up in flames inside an oven.

A neighbour noticed smoke billowing from the kitchen and entered the property to place a wet tea towel over the tin.

Andy Jones, crew manager at Bacup fire station, said two engines attended the scene for around 30 minutes and provided oxygen for the injured man.

He said: “The occupant hadn’t seen the empty roasting tin underneath their casserole dish and it caused a small fire when the oven door was opened.

“Thankfully it didn’t spread, although we had to clear the ground floor of smoke. The neighbour refused further medical treatment.”


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree