Lancashire domestic abuse victims urged to speak out

Lancashire Telegraph: Lancashire domestic abuse victims urged to speak out Lancashire domestic abuse victims urged to speak out

VICTIMS of domestic abuse are being urged to Take The Step, Make The Call to report their abusers.

It comes as Lancashire’s police and crime commissioner Clive Grunshaw launched the campaign to empower victims in abusive relationships to seek help.

He said: “I firmly believe domestic abuse of any kind should not be tolerated in our society.

“The pledge to address domestic abuse across Lancashire is a cornerstone of my police and crime plan, and I believe it is something we all have a role in tackling.

“I hope this powerful campaign, reassures victims they are not alone .”

For more information, visit www.takethestep.co.uk

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:43pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Sajdin says...

Whilst this happens in all communities, it a bigger problem in the "non-Asian" "White" families. Again as I have "barked" about before, the majority of times, drink is involved.

It would be helpful for the LET to provide a more of an article to read and the actual link??
Whilst this happens in all communities, it a bigger problem in the "non-Asian" "White" families. Again as I have "barked" about before, the majority of times, drink is involved. It would be helpful for the LET to provide a more of an article to read and the actual link?? Sajdin

4:07pm Wed 25 Dec 13

You're not mugging me off that easily says...

So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited. You're not mugging me off that easily

5:26pm Wed 25 Dec 13

Sajdin says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it.

It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol??

Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it?

You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.[/p][/quote]The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it. It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol?? Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it? You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist? Sajdin

9:24pm Wed 25 Dec 13

You're not mugging me off that easily says...

Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it.

It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol??

Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it?

You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?
Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions.

Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol.

It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?
[quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.[/p][/quote]The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it. It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol?? Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it? You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?[/p][/quote]Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions. Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol. It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board? You're not mugging me off that easily

10:03pm Wed 25 Dec 13

Sajdin says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it.

It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol??

Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it?

You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?
Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions.

Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol.

It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?
You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul.

And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk!

Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist?

You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved.

These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!!
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.[/p][/quote]The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it. It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol?? Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it? You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?[/p][/quote]Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions. Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol. It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?[/p][/quote]You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul. And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk! Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist? You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved. These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!! Sajdin

12:31am Thu 26 Dec 13

Sajdin says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it.

It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol??

Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it?

You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?
Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions.

Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol.

It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?
You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul.

And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk!

Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist?

You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved.

These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!!
You are nothing but a racist pr1ck. End of.
Don't try and turn the race tables around. You're clearly gagging for any story involving race so you can wheel out your soap box and bleat on about how hard done to Asians are. Well it's total and utter w@nkers like you that give the decent honest Asian people a bad name.

So for a New Years resolution why not try winding your bony little neck in and taking a couple of spoonfuls of shut the fcuk up, because every time you open up your racist little sewer mouth you make yourself look a total and utter pr1ck.......so in summary either shut up or Fcuk off. Preferably the latter.
what have i said that is racist? the fact you are turning to verbal abuse shows that you are unable to respond to the claims i have made. you have shown your true colors, why don't we have a grown up discussion ?
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.[/p][/quote]The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it. It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol?? Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it? You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?[/p][/quote]Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions. Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol. It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?[/p][/quote]You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul. And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk! Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist? You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved. These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!![/p][/quote]You are nothing but a racist pr1ck. End of.[/p][/quote]Don't try and turn the race tables around. You're clearly gagging for any story involving race so you can wheel out your soap box and bleat on about how hard done to Asians are. Well it's total and utter w@nkers like you that give the decent honest Asian people a bad name. So for a New Years resolution why not try winding your bony little neck in and taking a couple of spoonfuls of shut the fcuk up, because every time you open up your racist little sewer mouth you make yourself look a total and utter pr1ck.......so in summary either shut up or Fcuk off. Preferably the latter.[/p][/quote]what have i said that is racist? the fact you are turning to verbal abuse shows that you are unable to respond to the claims i have made. you have shown your true colors, why don't we have a grown up discussion ? Sajdin

1:01pm Thu 26 Dec 13

sen c b l says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Sajdin wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
So that's what you think is it?

So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own?

I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you?

I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.
The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it.

It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol??

Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it?

You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?
Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions.

Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol.

It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?
You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul.

And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk!

Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist?

You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved.

These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!!
You are nothing but a racist pr1ck. End of.
You lack the ability for a debate where other commentators have posted a reasonable opinion but because you may well disagree with them you resort to verbal abuse. Just pull your tasting whip out of your 8utt and try again and this time try, and I mean hard try using pleasant phrases where the rest of us can appreciate that you are no longer a cave resident.
Usually with me the likes of you are literally picked up and thrown away as furthest possible and 'kindly' ordered NOT to return.

You have a nice New Year now!
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sajdin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: So that's what you think is it? So then, tell me what other communities subject females to " honour" based violence for talking to married men/showing too much skin/wanting an education/wanting a mind -opinion of their own? I. What other communities are females treated like 2nd class citizens because of an all powerful barbaric, Stone Age, antiquated backward religion with complete @rsehole practitioners like you? I strongly suggest you get back to your Taliban stronghold in Kabul where your opinions are more suited.[/p][/quote]The actions you describing does happen in the Asian communities, that I will not deny or defend as there is no place for it. It would be interesting to see how many of these domestic violence incidents include the involvement of alcohol?? Without alcohol, it wouldn't complete get rid of domestic violence, but surely it would reduce it? You say I should get back to my Taliban in Kabul, are you suggesting I am some kind of terrorist?[/p][/quote]Do I suggest at any point you are a terrorist ? Go on, tell me at what point do I infer you are a terrorist? Can't find it ? Well maybe you shouldn't jump to such pathetic conclusions. Why go you insist on stiring alcohol into every issue you see fit to comment on? Events can happen on a negative basis without the aggravating factor of alcohol. It seems to me that you are using alcohol as a Trojan horse to exercise you're racist views? No ? Then why else do you crowbar whether the issue involves white people or alcohol into your argument to use as a spring board?[/p][/quote]You didn't directly refer to me as a terrorist, but rather claimed that I should go back to the taliban (a terrorist group) in kabul. And yes you are right, events can happen without the factor of alcohol, but in cases, alcohol is a factor for it happening in the first, it is thought 33% of domestic violence occur when the abuser is drunk! Which racist views? Giving my opinions on alcohol, how is that racist? You refer to my comments mentioning "white" communities specifically, I am merely doing what "non-asians" do when articles comes up relating to asians. Or even before it is known asians are involved, the assumption is made that asians are involved. These type of comments I have made, have been to provoke an reaction from people such as you. As I have said before, you don't denounce the behavior when it towards asians, but when the tables turned, you call me a racist!!![/p][/quote]You are nothing but a racist pr1ck. End of.[/p][/quote]You lack the ability for a debate where other commentators have posted a reasonable opinion but because you may well disagree with them you resort to verbal abuse. Just pull your tasting whip out of your 8utt and try again and this time try, and I mean hard try using pleasant phrases where the rest of us can appreciate that you are no longer a cave resident. Usually with me the likes of you are literally picked up and thrown away as furthest possible and 'kindly' ordered NOT to return. You have a nice New Year now! sen c b l

5:48pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Sajdin says...

And yet we see another article today of a Darwen man punching his pregnant partner. And he was drunk!
And yet we see another article today of a Darwen man punching his pregnant partner. And he was drunk! Sajdin

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree