Disease related to asbestos killed Clitheroe man

Lancashire Telegraph: Paul James Kitching, 54, of Kemple View, died on October 5 at Royal Blackburn Hospital. Paul James Kitching, 54, of Kemple View, died on October 5 at Royal Blackburn Hospital.

A CLITHEROE man died after developing malignant mesothelioma from working with asbestos in the construction industry, an inquest heard.

Paul James Kitching, 54, of Kemple View, died on October 5 at Royal Blackburn Hospital.

He had previously been diagnosed with mesothelioma and a postmortem examination was carried out to determine whether this had caused his death.

Pathologist Dr Aslam told the court that his examination confirmed that Mr Kitching had died from the industrial disease.

A statement from Mr Kitching written before he died said that his main exposure to asbestos had occured while working for F Brown PLC, where he began as an apprentice joiner after leaving school.

He had worked at a number of sites including Butlins in Minehead, Skegness and Clacton, and at Crown Paints in Darwen.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:49pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Tommy fish says...

Lots of us have been exposed to asbestos over the years quite innocently. lost one friend, another diagnosed whose next, very sad for all!!
Lots of us have been exposed to asbestos over the years quite innocently. lost one friend, another diagnosed whose next, very sad for all!! Tommy fish

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree