When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Nelson fire destroys two homes
12:13pm Monday 9th December 2013 in News
FIRE tore through two Nelson homes this morning.
A team of 20 firefighters from across East Lancashire were called to tackle the blaze in Cumberland Street.
Nobody was hurt in the blaze, although the roofs of both homes were wrecked.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a derelict property currently being renovated and spread to the neighbouring house, a fire service spokesman said.
Engines from Nelson and an aerial platform ladder from Hyndburn were called to the terraced houses at 3am.
Firefighters searched the second house - which was occupied - after being told by a neighbour a man was inside.
The fire service spokesman added: “He was out and about. A neighbour said he was in, but we found it empty, and he turned up 10 minutes later.”
Comments are closed on this article.