When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Padiham family came home to fire-wrecked kitchen
5:28pm Monday 12th August 2013 in News
A FAMILY in Padiham returned home from holiday to discover that a fire had devastated their kitchen.
Firefighters from the retained watch at the town’s fire station were alerted when householders in Dryden Street arrived back home, just before 1.50pm on Sunday.
Acting crew manager Kevin Birchall said the blaze caused severe damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the remainder of the house.
He added: “There was a working smoke alarm at the property and, had it been occupied at the time of the fire, would have saved lives.”
Fire chiefs are advising all holidaymakers that any household electrical appliances, which are not needed for the duration of their break, should be switched off, as a precaution.
Comments are closed on this article.