When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Woman and child flee blaze in Oswaldtwistle home
2:27pm Thursday 8th August 2013 in News
A WOMAN and her child fled their Oswaldtwistle home when a fire started in the kitchen.
The blaze happened in Duke Street at around 4.40pm on Tuesday and firefighters said they believed it had been started by a build up of fat and other cooking materials on the hob.
Crew manager Rob Birtwistle said: “The woman, who was in her 20s, had been cooking and her daughter was playing in the garden.
“They were fine.
“The alarm went off and the woman saw it was flaming.
“She did the right thing and got out.”
The cooker was destroyed and the kitchen received some slight smoke damage.
Comments are closed on this article.