When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Checks on Nelson OAP in smoke scare
1:23pm Monday 28th January 2013 in News
A 95-YEAR-OLD Nelson woman was treated at hospital after inhaling smoke from a faulty electric heater.
The stand-alone radiator, in the pensioner’s kitchen, burned itself out, charring its paint and the carpet underneath, and setting off the smoke alarm on Saturday, at 6pm. Emergency services were called to her semi-detached house, in Whitecroft Avenue, after she was alerted to the potential fire.
The woman was conscious, but paramedics believed that, due to her age, she should receive a check-up at Royal Blackburn Hospital.