When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Darwen couple in fire drama
10:56am Monday 28th January 2013 in News
AN elderly Darwen couple’s floor-mounted domestic boiler burst into flames destroying floorboards and causing smoke damage to the rest of their house.
The man and woman, both in their 70s, were taken in by neighbours in Thirlmere Drive while firefighters extinguished the blaze just before midnight on Friday.
The crew attended for an hour and a half and used breathing apparatus and ventilation equipment to clear the smoke.