Lancashire TelegraphFire in Cliviger lay-by (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Fire in Cliviger lay-by

FIREFIGHTERS were alerted to a rubbish fire in a lay-by at Cliviger by a passing motorist.

Burnley firefighters were called to the lay-by in Bacup Road, Cliviger, near to Ford Quarry after a passer-by alerted them to the blaze AT AROUND 6.45am yesterday (Friday).

Watch manager Neil Ashworth said; “It was a small quantity of rubbish on fire.

“The call came from someone passing by the station.”

One engine attended and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames, which crews believe could have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree