Lancashire TelegraphChildren need treatment after barbecue is taken inside Blackburn house (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Children need treatment after barbecue is taken inside Blackburn house

TWO children needed hospital treatment when a barbecue was brought into a house in Blackburn.

The fire service and two ambulances were called to Shear Brow at around 8pm on Tuesday after the grill started to give off a lot of smoke.

One child was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital and the second was taken to the Royal Lancaster Hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Both children are understood to be under the age of 10.

Watch manager Nick Ingham said: “We want to highlight the dangers of bringing things that give off smoke inside. The barbecue was obviously taking up the air and when we got there we had to put on our fans on to blow the smoke out of the house.”

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:18am Thu 20 Dec 12

sonny says...

**** me there's some thick **** in this town.
**** me there's some thick **** in this town. sonny
  • Score: 0

11:25am Thu 20 Dec 12

Izanears says...

sonny wrote:
**** me there's some thick **** in this town.
Not just in your town sonny
[quote][p][bold]sonny[/bold] wrote: **** me there's some thick **** in this town.[/p][/quote]Not just in your town sonny Izanears
  • Score: 0

11:25am Thu 20 Dec 12

Izanears says...

sonny wrote:
**** me there's some thick **** in this town.
Not just in your town sonny
[quote][p][bold]sonny[/bold] wrote: **** me there's some thick **** in this town.[/p][/quote]Not just in your town sonny Izanears
  • Score: 0

12:06pm Thu 20 Dec 12

Mikeee47 says...

Have you made this story up??
Who (with even Half a brain) would take a smoking BBQ into a home? with children.
These surely are the kind of Brain dead morons who end up on Jeremy Kyle.
We're all doomed tomorrow
Have you made this story up?? Who (with even Half a brain) would take a smoking BBQ into a home? with children. These surely are the kind of Brain dead morons who end up on Jeremy Kyle. We're all doomed tomorrow Mikeee47
  • Score: 0

4:54pm Thu 20 Dec 12

Davelyn says...

They probably used to live in MUD HUT's
They probably used to live in MUD HUT's Davelyn
  • Score: 0

7:57pm Thu 20 Dec 12

AnthonyUK says...

you DO NOT attempt to use gas OR charcoal fired bbq's indoors (and not just because of the smoke), these things need adequate freshair ventilation to achieve proper combustion and expellation of combustion by products ie smoke sparks from charcoal, carbondioxide and watervapour from calor gas butane/propane. Otherwise the absence of freshair ventilation will consume the oxygen in the air and emit deadly carbonmonoxide which can kill. The parent who brought the bbq into the house is an ignorant person oblivious to such risktaking and should have known better.
you DO NOT attempt to use gas OR charcoal fired bbq's indoors (and not just because of the smoke), these things need adequate freshair ventilation to achieve proper combustion and expellation of combustion by products ie smoke sparks from charcoal, carbondioxide and watervapour from calor gas butane/propane. Otherwise the absence of freshair ventilation will consume the oxygen in the air and emit deadly carbonmonoxide which can kill. The parent who brought the bbq into the house is an ignorant person oblivious to such risktaking and should have known better. AnthonyUK
  • Score: 0

9:15am Fri 21 Dec 12

DaveBurnley says...

It's hard to believe that people can be so stupid. Every year we read of people being killed (usually while camping) by these barbecues.

No matter what warnings they put on the barbecues some people just think 'it won't happen to them'.
It's hard to believe that people can be so stupid. Every year we read of people being killed (usually while camping) by these barbecues. No matter what warnings they put on the barbecues some people just think 'it won't happen to them'. DaveBurnley
  • Score: 0

9:49pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Black Car Guy. says...

Some people have no idea. Bless them.
Some people have no idea. Bless them. Black Car Guy.
  • Score: 0

12:35pm Tue 25 Dec 12

hairy mary says...

my mate gave his fish a chip and it died
my mate gave his fish a chip and it died hairy mary
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree