TWO children needed hospital treatment when a barbecue was brought into a house in Blackburn.
The fire service and two ambulances were called to Shear Brow at around 8pm on Tuesday after the grill started to give off a lot of smoke.
One child was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital and the second was taken to the Royal Lancaster Hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Both children are understood to be under the age of 10.
Watch manager Nick Ingham said: “We want to highlight the dangers of bringing things that give off smoke inside. The barbecue was obviously taking up the air and when we got there we had to put on our fans on to blow the smoke out of the house.”