A FATHER-of-six who has flouted restraining orders to keep away from his ex-partner 23 times, has been locked up for six weeks.
Burnley magistrates heard how Howard Crabtree, 45, had run out of the back of the woman’s property after police turned up.
Crabtree had just been released from a four-week jail term after being in breach of a suspended prison sentence over the order.
Crabtree, of Moorland Road, Burnley, admitted failing to comply with a restraining order and is now back behind bars.
Charlotte Crane, prosecuting, said under the 12-month order, which runs until September next year, the defendant was banned from contacting his former partner and from attending her home.
On November 27, police received a phone call to say Crabtree was at his ex’s property in Herbert Street.
Officers attended. She was not present, but police were led into the house by a female friend. The defendant was then seen to run out of the house and was arrested.
Miss Crane said it was the 23rd time Crabtree had breached a restraining or non-molestation order since 2007 and he had been sent to prison in October. She added: “He has no intention at all of adhering to any orders imposed by the court.”
Mark Williams, defending, said there had been no direct contact with the former partner, as she was not at the premises at the time.
The defendant came out of custody about a week ago and had been trying to put things back together since that time.
He had gone to the house to try and find out what had happened to his children. Crabtree, who had a history of alcoholism, had, since his release, been to Inspire,was trying to secure accommodation and was due to go on a course.
Mr Williams said: “It seems that he has used his time in custody very well and came out with all the right intentions.”