When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Murder ruled out after Burnley man's body is found
A MURDER investigation following the death of a 27-year-old Burnley man has been dropped by detectives, it has emerged.
An inquiry was launched after the body of Arron Taylorson was discovered in Albion Terrace, off Albion Street, on June 26.
Police from the constabulary’s major incident team initially arrested a 52-year-old man, apparently seen drinking with Mr Taylorson shortly before his death.
The 52-year-old was quizzed after he received medical treatment at the Royal Blackburn Hospital.
But a Lancashire Police spokesman said: “There has been an extensive investigation and as a result of toxicology tests, and a post-mortem examination, this is no longer a criminal matter.”
Police also confirmed that a file on Mr Taylorson’s death has been passed to the East Lancashire coroner Richard Taylor and that an inquest will take place in the near future.
The father-of-one was said to have lived in Berry Street, but was originally from Preston.
His body was found around 9am, in a parade overlooking the main Burnley to Accrington railway line.
Neighbours had said that two men had been seen sitting and drinking on the terrace for some time before Mr Taylorson’s body was discovered.
Tributes from his partner later described him as ‘really outgoing and funny’ and that he would be ‘sadly missed’.
The dead man had a two-year-old daughter.
Comments are closed on this article.