When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Tumble dryer bursts into flames in Burnley home
8:57am Thursday 1st November 2012 in News
A TUMBLE dryer burst into flames as the occupiers of a home sat and watched television.
A Burnley couple, believed to be in their 50s, were at their home in Bardon Way.
They noticed the fire and managed to extinguish the fire and leave the property before the fire service arrived.
Firefighters from Burnley attended the property and removed the appliance.
Acting crew manager Matthew Hamer said: “Thankfully the couple managed to get out and there was no major damage to the property.
“These things can happen and people shouldn’t leave dryers and washing machines unattended.
“We will be looking into whether it’s a reoccurring problem in the area.”