When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Blackburn man rescued from flat fire after falling asleep while cooking
A MAN had to be rescued from his flat after falling asleep while cooking.
Firefighters were called to the 42-year-old’s home in Carlinghurst Road in the Wensley Fold area of Blackburn in the early hours of this morning.
The man was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital suffering from severe smoke inhalation, and fire chiefs said he had a lucky escape.
Blackburn fire station crew manager Paul Guinan said: “We were called out at midnight after a fire alarm was heard coming from the flat.
“But when we got there we looked through the letterbox and a puff of quite acrid smoke came through.
“It turned out the man inside, who lived there on his own, had fallen asleep with the pan on.
“If it had been a chip pan, or we had got there an hour later, it could have been a different story.
“This man was very lucky.”
Comments are closed on this article.