A fabulous country residence that is believed to be the oldest existing property in Turton, after Turton Tower itself. Dating from about 1500 or earlier, it has of course been thoughtfully modernised to provide a spacious and very desirable family home that blends the character of 2'3 thick stone walls and crook beam construction with that of the necessities of modern day living, ie gas central heating, double glazing, ensuite facilities, luxury kitchen and conservatory etc.
The property is approached via a concrete driveway off Bury Road and this is known as Birches Road (not the Birches Road in Edgworth near the Spread Eagle restaurant) and has been adopted by Blackburn Council, this road is about 1/3 mile and passes through the farm yard before turning left into a hamlet of only 4 properties. The cottage is attached to the farm house, although this is not immediately obvious, and enjoys the benefit of a beautiful landscaped garden and wonderful open views towards St Anne's Church and the Wayoh reservoir.
Briefly comprises, integral storm porch, hall, 22' x 19'9 lounge, 13' x 19' uPVC glass conservatory with fabulous open views, heavily beamed 17' x 17'3 dining room with stairs off, recently installed professionally fitted kitchen/breakfast room, rear porch, cloaks w.c, spacious landing exposed framework of ancient timbers, four bedrooms, ensuite to master, family bathroom, double garage, ample car parking on private driveway.
Any viewer is sure to be impressed and viewing comes with our highest recommendation.