Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans: I'd like to settle down and marry

Nigel Evans is animated as he talks to reporter Bill Jacobs

Nigel Evans is animated as he talks to reporter Bill Jacobs

First published in News
Last updated

NIGEL Evans has spoken for the first time about his desire to settle down and marry.

The openly gay Ribble Valley MP said he had conducted an ‘open relationship’ with a ‘special person’ in London for seven years, covering the period of the most serious of the alleged offences.

Mr Evans said the 33-year-old man had been ‘very supportive’ during his 11 months of hell since being charged with the rape of a 22-year-old man last Easter.

He said: “I would love to have a serious, committed and special relationship with another man.

“What we all want is a loving relationship. I would like to have gay marriage.”

The 56-year-old MP made it clear he intends to fight the Ribble Valley for the Tories at next year’s general election and win it.

MORE TOP STORIES:

He admitted his behaviour would have to change after being portrayed as a drunken sexual predator in the prosecution evidence, unanimously rejected by the jury when he was found ‘not guilty’ of all charges.

He will not sell his Pendleton home – where the alleged rape and most serious alleged sexual assault took place – and dreams of retiring there with his spouse after a long career representing the people of the constituency he loves.

Mr Evans defended his behaviour, depicted in court as that of a ‘silly old man’ entranced by the young males in his circle, saying: “People make passes. If you’re never allowed to make a pass, it’s jeopardy for the future of the human race.

“I don’t want to rehash what went on in the court room over five weeks and indeed in my head over the last 11 months.

“Let’s just say this: You can’t go through the fires of hell without it shaping or moulding you in one way or another.”

He said the experience would effect his behaviour in the future.

He said: “I will be more cautious about the friends that I keep. I will ensure that I do not put myself in a situation that can be misconstrued.

“Most people do not have to do that. Most people get on with their lives. But I clearly now know that I am in a special situation and that anything that I do will be scrutinised far more than anybody else.”

Responding to the accusations he was too touchy-feely in drink, the MP said: “People say to me ‘you appear to be too tactile when you’ve had a drink’ and I say I’m tactile when I don’t have a drink. It’s just my nature.”

Mr Evans, who only came out as gay in 2010 after the death of his mother Betty, moved on to his personal life confessing: “I have never been in a proper relationship.

“I have been in a sort of open relationship with a 33-year-old man for seven years.

“He has been incredibly supportive of me throughout this ordeal.”

Cuddling Claude, a 15-week-old French bulldog they share, Mr Evans revealed: “Whether we go on to have a serious and proper relationship is something we will have to talk about now this is over.

“He is not my partner he is my ‘special person’. He has been to Pendleton and likes it.”

Then his spoke of his dream for the future: “To marry somebody and spend the rest of my life with them.

“I have no problem over gay marriage and my Christian faith.

“I don’t know if it will be with this man. It is something I would like in the long term.

“I wish I had come out years ago. But things are different now. It’s not such a big deal.”

He expressed his fury about allegations made in court that he was ‘a functional alcoholic’ with a blunt: “No. I am not an alcoholic.

“I lived with an alcoholic, my father Albert, and I know what it is like.

“He drank a bottle of whisky a night in the house.”

Mr Evans claimed he was merely ‘a social drinker’ who never opened a bottle of wine when on his own at home.

He did admit there was a period when things started to get out of control: “After my mother died in 2009, I started drinking more and was warned by the Whips about it. That was it.”

The MP also revealed the scale of his ‘darkest moments’ thinking about suicide frequently at 2.30 in the morning.

He tackled it, as he had a bout of depression, aged 27, with techniques like meditation.

He said: “It’s strange how things turn out. Those techniques, my friends and my faith got me through this 11 months without any medication. I’m quite proud of that.”

Mr Evans was firm that he would not sell his home next to the Swan With Two Necks pub in Pendleton, saying he loves the house and the people in the village and the pub who had supported him so ‘fantastically’.

He said: “I want to retire there, with or without my partner or spouse.

“This is the house I love, in the village I love. I am not going to let what has happened affect that.”

Mr Evans revealed he had been forced to sell his story to the Sunday newspapers to cover a quarter of his court costs.

The rest came from selling the family newsagents in Swansea in 2012, savings he had made towards building a conservatory where he aimed to serve charity dinners cooked by his own hand, and friends helping out.

However, he promised his view on government legal aid changes had altered along with so much else in his life.

He said: “When I get back to Parliament I am going to look again at them. There are people in my constituency and elsewhere who are not so lucky and cannot sell their stories to the papers.

“I do not want the state to pay my £130,000 back. I want to make sure that ordinary people who find themselves in my position don’t end up with huge bill.”

Despite the damage to his reputation by his portrayal as a ‘Benny Hill-style’ groper, Mr Evans is optimistic about his political future.

He accepts he will never get his old job as Commons deputy speaker back or achieve high office again.

But the MP believes his acquittal means he can be selected as Tory candidate again next May and fight off a UKIP challenge. Many commentators are not so sure that, despite public assurances of support, either will happen.

Mr Evans said: “I am going back to represent the people of Ribble Valley at Westminster, the job I have done for 22 years.

“As long as the constituency association wants me to, I shall fight the next general election.

“I don’t think it will be a dirty election. Bring on a UKIP challenge, I am a Eurosceptic Tory.

“I love representing the people of the Ribble Valley.

“When you are on the verge of losing something you love you realise how important it is.

“Recently I was buying a lottery ticket and I realised that being MP for Ribble Valley meant I had won the lottery in life.

“My last question to the Prime Minister was about housing in Ribble Valley. My next question to him will be about over-zealous developers wanting to build houses on green belt land.

“My message to the people of Ribble Valley is simple: Thank you. I want to repay them by continuing as their MP and making their voice heard in Parliament.”

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:26am Wed 16 Apr 14

Noiticer says...

Methinks Nigel is undertaking a public relations' exercise to restore his image!
Methinks Nigel is undertaking a public relations' exercise to restore his image! Noiticer
  • Score: 39

10:00am Wed 16 Apr 14

Commenting says...

Gay marriage is one of those Tory policies that will present UKIP with many more Tory votes. Not a wise statement Nigel.
Gay marriage is one of those Tory policies that will present UKIP with many more Tory votes. Not a wise statement Nigel. Commenting
  • Score: 24

10:33am Wed 16 Apr 14

woolywords says...

After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that.
The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate.
They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose.
Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible.
If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers.
After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that. The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate. They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose. Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible. If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers. woolywords
  • Score: 20

12:27pm Wed 16 Apr 14

petestan says...

woolywords wrote:
After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that.
The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate.
They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose.
Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible.
If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers.
Interesting idea woolywords although I suspect they dare not do anything but accept him as the Tory Candidate for the next election. Personally I am not sure whether the people of the Ribble Valley would simply re-elect him although I suspect, purely because most people at a general election vote for a party rather a person, that he would be re-elected.
I can't see UKIP getting in as again I suspect the voters will be split between all 3 other main parties and so he would gain the most votes that way. If one of the other parties could get a momentum behind them or maybe Steve Rush was to stand as an independent then there may be a chance of him not being re-elected but I doubt that would happen. I hope I am wrong though.
I don't like Evans, I think he has done nothing for the Ribble Valley but I do agree with him when he says if someone is found not guilty they should get all their reasonable legal expenses back, I don't see why you should punish people twice.
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that. The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate. They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose. Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible. If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers.[/p][/quote]Interesting idea woolywords although I suspect they dare not do anything but accept him as the Tory Candidate for the next election. Personally I am not sure whether the people of the Ribble Valley would simply re-elect him although I suspect, purely because most people at a general election vote for a party rather a person, that he would be re-elected. I can't see UKIP getting in as again I suspect the voters will be split between all 3 other main parties and so he would gain the most votes that way. If one of the other parties could get a momentum behind them or maybe Steve Rush was to stand as an independent then there may be a chance of him not being re-elected but I doubt that would happen. I hope I am wrong though. I don't like Evans, I think he has done nothing for the Ribble Valley but I do agree with him when he says if someone is found not guilty they should get all their reasonable legal expenses back, I don't see why you should punish people twice. petestan
  • Score: -14

12:48pm Wed 16 Apr 14

shytalk says...

petestan wrote:
woolywords wrote:
After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that.
The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate.
They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose.
Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible.
If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers.
Interesting idea woolywords although I suspect they dare not do anything but accept him as the Tory Candidate for the next election. Personally I am not sure whether the people of the Ribble Valley would simply re-elect him although I suspect, purely because most people at a general election vote for a party rather a person, that he would be re-elected.
I can't see UKIP getting in as again I suspect the voters will be split between all 3 other main parties and so he would gain the most votes that way. If one of the other parties could get a momentum behind them or maybe Steve Rush was to stand as an independent then there may be a chance of him not being re-elected but I doubt that would happen. I hope I am wrong though.
I don't like Evans, I think he has done nothing for the Ribble Valley but I do agree with him when he says if someone is found not guilty they should get all their reasonable legal expenses back, I don't see why you should punish people twice.
I agree with what you and and Woolywords say Peterstan but people really are getting fed up with this corrupt junta. Nigel Evans has dodged a bullet and what has happened will be in the back of many peoples minds. Not all of them are happy with Nigel Evans.
There is then the issue of over development, the state of the roads, school places,gay marriage, poverty, foreign aid etc etc and the moral behavior of the government in general with expenses and the like.
Local politics can also have a serious bearing on the outcome of a general election.
If UKIP get their backsides into gear then i would think that there could be a serious upset in the Ribble Valley, and Nigel Evans and the Tories ain't going to be too happy..
That said there are many people who would vote for a pig if wore a blue rosette, Even a gay pig.
[quote][p][bold]petestan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: After a much publicised war of words in a courtroom, many would think that Nigel Evans could be excused for crawling into a shell for a while, instead he has chosen to stand up in his shell-holed life, to continue on in politics. You have to admire the guts of the man to do that. Of course, there is going to be the prurient element in interviews but I'm sure that he'll cope with that. The next hurdle he has to face is the local party association committee, and if they have any sense at all, they will convene a meeting with him, as soon as possible, to decide where they go from here. If only to clear the air and let everyone have their say, as to what is to be his future. You cannot, in good conscience, allow this to go on to next year, with this hanging over him like some sword of Damocles, as it's neither fair to him nor the electorate. They can't deselect him, as he has been found not guilty, so they will have to reach a compromise that suits all their purposes, such as having him face a candidacy election, allowing the membership to choose. Don't be surprised, should he be found to be not acceptable to the party, that he doesn't opt to stand as an independent, (as is his right to do so) and gain support that way. Who knows, he could split the vote, gain the seat and then, without rancour, accept the parliamentary party whip, once elected. All things are possible. If nothing else, it will make Ribble Valley politics, more interesting, than anything else that you normally read about in the papers.[/p][/quote]Interesting idea woolywords although I suspect they dare not do anything but accept him as the Tory Candidate for the next election. Personally I am not sure whether the people of the Ribble Valley would simply re-elect him although I suspect, purely because most people at a general election vote for a party rather a person, that he would be re-elected. I can't see UKIP getting in as again I suspect the voters will be split between all 3 other main parties and so he would gain the most votes that way. If one of the other parties could get a momentum behind them or maybe Steve Rush was to stand as an independent then there may be a chance of him not being re-elected but I doubt that would happen. I hope I am wrong though. I don't like Evans, I think he has done nothing for the Ribble Valley but I do agree with him when he says if someone is found not guilty they should get all their reasonable legal expenses back, I don't see why you should punish people twice.[/p][/quote]I agree with what you and and Woolywords say Peterstan but people really are getting fed up with this corrupt junta. Nigel Evans has dodged a bullet and what has happened will be in the back of many peoples minds. Not all of them are happy with Nigel Evans. There is then the issue of over development, the state of the roads, school places,gay marriage, poverty, foreign aid etc etc and the moral behavior of the government in general with expenses and the like. Local politics can also have a serious bearing on the outcome of a general election. If UKIP get their backsides into gear then i would think that there could be a serious upset in the Ribble Valley, and Nigel Evans and the Tories ain't going to be too happy.. That said there are many people who would vote for a pig if wore a blue rosette, Even a gay pig. shytalk
  • Score: 23

1:09pm Wed 16 Apr 14

petestan says...

Shytalk that is the problem, a lot of the voters in the Ribble Valley will vote Tory no matter what they do, that's why it needs someone like Steve Rush to unite people into NOT voting Tory maybe by standing as an independent.
The trouble is standing as an indy you are up against the massive machines of the other parties and don't have much chance, his best chance may be if he can get the backing of one of the other parties but would he be willing to stand as a candidate for them.
Shytalk that is the problem, a lot of the voters in the Ribble Valley will vote Tory no matter what they do, that's why it needs someone like Steve Rush to unite people into NOT voting Tory maybe by standing as an independent. The trouble is standing as an indy you are up against the massive machines of the other parties and don't have much chance, his best chance may be if he can get the backing of one of the other parties but would he be willing to stand as a candidate for them. petestan
  • Score: 11

1:14pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Interocitor says...

UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win.
UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win. Interocitor
  • Score: -12

2:19pm Wed 16 Apr 14

hasslem hasslem says...

Interocitor wrote:
UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win.
Blacko n Higherford is in Pendle - last time i looked. Don't think Pendle is blue ribbon on a donkey territory.
[quote][p][bold]Interocitor[/bold] wrote: UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win.[/p][/quote]Blacko n Higherford is in Pendle - last time i looked. Don't think Pendle is blue ribbon on a donkey territory. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 15

4:22pm Wed 16 Apr 14

ConcernedOssy says...

Commenting wrote:
Gay marriage is one of those Tory policies that will present UKIP with many more Tory votes. Not a wise statement Nigel.
R they making it compulsory ??
[quote][p][bold]Commenting[/bold] wrote: Gay marriage is one of those Tory policies that will present UKIP with many more Tory votes. Not a wise statement Nigel.[/p][/quote]R they making it compulsory ?? ConcernedOssy
  • Score: 15

4:23pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Casper's mum says...

If he genuinely wants to settle down with his partner of 7 years, I suggest he stops acting in a lewd manner when drunk, making passes at other men and focuses his attention on building a commited relationship with his supportive partner.

Oh and Mr Evans, you're not allowed to make passes when you're in a commited relationship. It does not jeopardise the future of the human race, it jeopardises the relationship you claim to be so important to you!
If he genuinely wants to settle down with his partner of 7 years, I suggest he stops acting in a lewd manner when drunk, making passes at other men and focuses his attention on building a commited relationship with his supportive partner. Oh and Mr Evans, you're not allowed to make passes when you're in a commited relationship. It does not jeopardise the future of the human race, it jeopardises the relationship you claim to be so important to you! Casper's mum
  • Score: 27

6:26pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Interocitor says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
Interocitor wrote: UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win.
Blacko n Higherford is in Pendle - last time i looked. Don't think Pendle is blue ribbon on a donkey territory.
I should have worded my post better than I did.

My point is that rural areas in East Lancs aren't turning to UKIP, unlike many other rural parts of the country in the south.
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Interocitor[/bold] wrote: UKIP do not stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the Ribble Valley seat. You only have to look at the May 2013 election results and the recent council by-election in Blacko and Higherford to realise this. It's blue ribbon on a donkey territory. A local, well known, independent candidate, with the mind set of someone living in the 1950s, a bit like UKIP, would fair better, but still wouldn't win.[/p][/quote]Blacko n Higherford is in Pendle - last time i looked. Don't think Pendle is blue ribbon on a donkey territory.[/p][/quote]I should have worded my post better than I did. My point is that rural areas in East Lancs aren't turning to UKIP, unlike many other rural parts of the country in the south. Interocitor
  • Score: 19

6:44pm Wed 16 Apr 14

supertrooper says...

Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics.
The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments.
Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics. The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments. supertrooper
  • Score: -17

6:52pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Legal Beagle says...

"I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments."

So why have you read this and added your own comment?
"I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments." So why have you read this and added your own comment? Legal Beagle
  • Score: 14

7:07pm Wed 16 Apr 14

woolywords says...

supertrooper wrote:
Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics.
The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments.
Should I put you down as a vacuous or vacillating voter?
Or just, down, in a condescending way?
[quote][p][bold]supertrooper[/bold] wrote: Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics. The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments.[/p][/quote]Should I put you down as a vacuous or vacillating voter? Or just, down, in a condescending way? woolywords
  • Score: 9

7:58pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Michael@ClitheroeSince58 says...

Casper's mum wrote:
If he genuinely wants to settle down with his partner of 7 years, I suggest he stops acting in a lewd manner when drunk, making passes at other men and focuses his attention on building a commited relationship with his supportive partner.

Oh and Mr Evans, you're not allowed to make passes when you're in a commited relationship. It does not jeopardise the future of the human race, it jeopardises the relationship you claim to be so important to you!
I think it's defo time to listen to Casper's Mum Nigel :)
[quote][p][bold]Casper's mum[/bold] wrote: If he genuinely wants to settle down with his partner of 7 years, I suggest he stops acting in a lewd manner when drunk, making passes at other men and focuses his attention on building a commited relationship with his supportive partner. Oh and Mr Evans, you're not allowed to make passes when you're in a commited relationship. It does not jeopardise the future of the human race, it jeopardises the relationship you claim to be so important to you![/p][/quote]I think it's defo time to listen to Casper's Mum Nigel :) Michael@ClitheroeSince58
  • Score: 14

10:05pm Wed 16 Apr 14

supertrooper says...

Legal Beagle wrote:
"I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments."

So why have you read this and added your own comment?
Why do you have to read a whole article in order to leave a comment?
[quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: "I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments." So why have you read this and added your own comment?[/p][/quote]Why do you have to read a whole article in order to leave a comment? supertrooper
  • Score: -8

10:07pm Wed 16 Apr 14

supertrooper says...

woolywords wrote:
supertrooper wrote:
Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics.
The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments.
Should I put you down as a vacuous or vacillating voter?
Or just, down, in a condescending way?
Have you just looked up those words on your google dictionary?
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supertrooper[/bold] wrote: Looks like these comments are a discussion on politics. The article is about some mp who has been on trial for boy-rape and now wants to have a gay marriage. Really, who cares. I didn`t bother reading the article or the dull comments.[/p][/quote]Should I put you down as a vacuous or vacillating voter? Or just, down, in a condescending way?[/p][/quote]Have you just looked up those words on your google dictionary? supertrooper
  • Score: 7

10:59pm Wed 16 Apr 14

shirtbox says...

Mud sticks.his career is over,end of.
Mud sticks.his career is over,end of. shirtbox
  • Score: 14

11:39am Thu 17 Apr 14

MelissaH says...

So this "long term partner" of his is also more than twenty years younger than him, just like the 21 year old man on work experience he admits having sex with, and the 23 year old junior researcher he admits "making a pass" at. If he really wants a stable relationship, I would suggest he stops trying to get off with blokes young enough to be his kids and starts acting with a bit of dignity, the way you might expect an MP to. And there's nothing homophobic about that, a bloke in in his 50s running around with young girls in their 20s would be equally gross.
So this "long term partner" of his is also more than twenty years younger than him, just like the 21 year old man on work experience he admits having sex with, and the 23 year old junior researcher he admits "making a pass" at. If he really wants a stable relationship, I would suggest he stops trying to get off with blokes young enough to be his kids and starts acting with a bit of dignity, the way you might expect an MP to. And there's nothing homophobic about that, a bloke in in his 50s running around with young girls in their 20s would be equally gross. MelissaH
  • Score: -6

1:19pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Birtrumthegreat says...

He's like a gay version of Freddie Star, hanging around with kids, that he is old enough to be their grandfather.
He's like a gay version of Freddie Star, hanging around with kids, that he is old enough to be their grandfather. Birtrumthegreat
  • Score: 14

6:32pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Michael@ClitheroeSince58 says...

MelissaH wrote:
So this "long term partner" of his is also more than twenty years younger than him, just like the 21 year old man on work experience he admits having sex with, and the 23 year old junior researcher he admits "making a pass" at. If he really wants a stable relationship, I would suggest he stops trying to get off with blokes young enough to be his kids and starts acting with a bit of dignity, the way you might expect an MP to. And there's nothing homophobic about that, a bloke in in his 50s running around with young girls in their 20s would be equally gross.
What two consenting adults do together has nothing to do with you, what a horrible judgemental person you are. Lots of girls in their twenties go out with men in their 50's maybe it's not your cup of tea but that does not give you the right to judge them.
[quote][p][bold]MelissaH[/bold] wrote: So this "long term partner" of his is also more than twenty years younger than him, just like the 21 year old man on work experience he admits having sex with, and the 23 year old junior researcher he admits "making a pass" at. If he really wants a stable relationship, I would suggest he stops trying to get off with blokes young enough to be his kids and starts acting with a bit of dignity, the way you might expect an MP to. And there's nothing homophobic about that, a bloke in in his 50s running around with young girls in their 20s would be equally gross.[/p][/quote]What two consenting adults do together has nothing to do with you, what a horrible judgemental person you are. Lots of girls in their twenties go out with men in their 50's maybe it's not your cup of tea but that does not give you the right to judge them. Michael@ClitheroeSince58
  • Score: 6

8:20pm Tue 22 Apr 14

JNAMOULDING says...

Noiticer wrote:
Methinks Nigel is undertaking a public relations' exercise to restore his image!
what image is that then ? an MP who only cares for himself ''reduced access to Justice for working class and now wingers it's costing him 130K for his case because he didn't take advise from Westminster to behave himself'' !
[quote][p][bold]Noiticer[/bold] wrote: Methinks Nigel is undertaking a public relations' exercise to restore his image![/p][/quote]what image is that then ? an MP who only cares for himself ''reduced access to Justice for working class and now wingers it's costing him 130K for his case because he didn't take advise from Westminster to behave himself'' ! JNAMOULDING
  • Score: 9

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree