Man taken to hospital after Burnley house fire

Man taken to hospital after Burnley house fire

Man taken to hospital after Burnley house fire

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A MAN was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.

The fire started in a bedroom of a house in Bivel Street, at around 1.50am.

A young man was in the house at the time, and he was taken to hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.

Fire fighters used specialist cameras and breathing apparatus to help extinguish the blaze.

A joint investigation is underway between the police and the fire service to establish the cause of the fire.

Watch Manager Gary Hargreaves said: “There was no working smoke alarm in the property, which potentially delayed the discovery of the fire.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree