Lancashire TelegraphElectrical unit causes Burnley fire (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Electrical unit causes Burnley fire

Lancashire Telegraph: Electrical unit causes Burnley fire Electrical unit causes Burnley fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Burnley after an electrical unit caught fire.

The owner was in the property in Pasture Close when the fire broke out on Monday evening and raised the alarm.

Nobody was injured.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a dry powder extinguisher.

The fire destroyed the consumer unit and caused light smoke damage to the ground floor of the property.

The incident is now being investigated by Electricity North West.

Crew Manager Tom Mellor said: “The owner discovered the fire, shut the door, got out and phoned 999, which is exactly what he should have done.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree