A CHILDREN’S play area had to be evacuated last night after smoke was seen coming from a light fitting.
Firefighters from Blackburn and Darwen fire stations were called to Oakenhurst Farm pub in Lower Darwen at 7.15pm.
Luckily, nothing caught fire and the pub did not have to close but children were told to leave the indoor soft play area.
A firefighter from Blackburn station said: “It was nothing too serious.
“Staff noticed smoke coming from a light fitting and did the right thing by calling us.
“We removed the faulty bulb and ensured that the area was safe.”