Hyndburn pensioner in fire smoke alert

Hyndburn pensioner in fire smoke alert

Hyndburn pensioner in fire smoke alert

First published in News

A PENSIONER was treated for smoke inhalation after his cigarette sparked a small fire at his home.

Crews attended the property in Hanson Street, Great Harwood, at about 3.50am yesterday and said the fire was out by the time they arrived.

They said it was caused by smoking materials setting fire to some paper in the bathroom, after the occupant had fallen asleep.

A neighbour had heard the smoke alarm and dialled 999, but the man had put out the fire by the time crews arrived.

There was some moderate heat damage to the floor and some smoke damage.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:41pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Black Car Guy. says...

He was ever so lucky.
He was ever so lucky. Black Car Guy.
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree