Lancashire Police officers' fitness blow as 29 fail tests

Lancashire Telegraph: Lancashire Police officers' fitness blow as 29 fail tests Lancashire Police officers' fitness blow as 29 fail tests

ALMOST 30 police officers across Lancashire have failed fitness tests since they became compulsory, figures have revealed.

More than three per cent of the 889 officers who have undergone testing since the autumn have failed to make the grade.

In total 29 officers, of whom 15 were female, failed the tests.

Compulsory fitness testing was introduced last September, and for the first year officers who fail will not face any punitive measures.

From September this year, those who fail three times will face disciplinary action. The figures were obtained through a freedom of information request to 27 constabularies in England and Wales by the Press Association.

Nationally, out of the 13,024 officers who have been tested since September, 353 failed. Suffolk was the force with the highest percentage of failures with seven per cent, followed by Gwent with six and Wiltshire with just under five.

The three with the lowest were Devon and Cornwall, Dorset, and North Wales, where all officers passed.

Compulsory fitness testing was brought in after recommendations by Chief Inspector of Constabulary Tom Winsor.

A spokeswoman from Lancashire police said it would not be commenting because the figures were not from the constabulary and that it was a national test.

A College of Policing spokesman said: “Fitness testing is in an interim phase to allow data to be examined so that longer term recommendations can be made to ensure there is no unlawful discrimination against officers because of their age, disability or gender.

“The college will issue guidance to forces prior to September 2014 which will be aimed at supporting officers to pass.

“Officers who fail the test will be provided support to pass through force performance procedu- res, which is not disciplinary action.

“The test is based on scientific research to match the physical demands of officer safety training and involves a 15metre shuttle run.”

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:55am Fri 14 Feb 14

drunken donut says...

Once upon a time along time ago to join the police force you had to meet certain criteria, now they only seem to take on the very people who would have failed that same criteria, It is now based more on gender and race than ability to actually do the job, the force have now got what they (but not the public who pay their inflated wages) deserve, this is the age of the PC PC, totally useless! They spend all day on their fat backsides ticking boxes and attending diversity courses.
Once upon a time along time ago to join the police force you had to meet certain criteria, now they only seem to take on the very people who would have failed that same criteria, It is now based more on gender and race than ability to actually do the job, the force have now got what they (but not the public who pay their inflated wages) deserve, this is the age of the PC PC, totally useless! They spend all day on their fat backsides ticking boxes and attending diversity courses. drunken donut

11:04am Fri 14 Feb 14

LLiveMan says...

I agree police officers should be fit for purpose! Gender race religion etc should have nothing to do with it!
Why do we need to know that 15 of them were female!? 29 officers are not fit for frontline duty! Simple!
Let's get them fit for purpose and not have them as paper pushing bobbies!
I agree police officers should be fit for purpose! Gender race religion etc should have nothing to do with it! Why do we need to know that 15 of them were female!? 29 officers are not fit for frontline duty! Simple! Let's get them fit for purpose and not have them as paper pushing bobbies! LLiveMan

11:14am Fri 14 Feb 14

Just an observer says...

Too many visits to Mcdonalds, not for buisness reasons either.
Too many visits to Mcdonalds, not for buisness reasons either. Just an observer

11:14am Fri 14 Feb 14

geebee56 says...

What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................
....................
..............
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... .............. geebee56

11:20am Fri 14 Feb 14

alf-abett says...

How many times do we see documentaries on TV showing the Police going about their daily duties behind the wheel of a Police vehicle and then when an incident occurs they are up and on their heels chasing suspected villains and crying STOP! STOP! hoping the villain will stop, because most of them don't stand a cat in hells chance of catching them. A lot of Police we see on the streets are overweight and unfit for purpose.
How many times do we see documentaries on TV showing the Police going about their daily duties behind the wheel of a Police vehicle and then when an incident occurs they are up and on their heels chasing suspected villains and crying STOP! STOP! hoping the villain will stop, because most of them don't stand a cat in hells chance of catching them. A lot of Police we see on the streets are overweight and unfit for purpose. alf-abett

11:53am Fri 14 Feb 14

geebee56 says...

Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.
Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with. geebee56

12:03pm Fri 14 Feb 14

HarryBosch says...

I know a fat old policeman, he's always on our street,
A fat old jolly red faced man he really is a treat
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha
I know a fat old policeman, he's always on our street, A fat old jolly red faced man he really is a treat Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha HarryBosch

12:03pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................

....................

..............
That's all well and good, but they still need to meet certain levels of fitness, don't you agree?
[quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]That's all well and good, but they still need to meet certain levels of fitness, don't you agree? Stone Island:

12:19pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Just an observer wrote:
Too many visits to Mcdonalds, not for buisness reasons either.
And you know this because you're always there to see them I presume are you fatty? When was the last time you saw your toes?
[quote][p][bold]Just an observer[/bold] wrote: Too many visits to Mcdonalds, not for buisness reasons either.[/p][/quote]And you know this because you're always there to see them I presume are you fatty? When was the last time you saw your toes? Steven Seagull

12:20pm Fri 14 Feb 14

geebee56 says...

Agree that they have to be fit 3% not a lot but still too many. Just posting against the people who criticise the emegency services but would be the first to dial 999 and expect an immediate response when services have been cut to a bare minimum by this Government. Where would a lot of the country be today if it was not for the help of these people and the armed Forces in helping with the floods. Sadly the government haven't intervened quickly enough and it is ok promising more money after the event.
Agree that they have to be fit 3% not a lot but still too many. Just posting against the people who criticise the emegency services but would be the first to dial 999 and expect an immediate response when services have been cut to a bare minimum by this Government. Where would a lot of the country be today if it was not for the help of these people and the armed Forces in helping with the floods. Sadly the government haven't intervened quickly enough and it is ok promising more money after the event. geebee56

12:26pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

drunken donut wrote:
Once upon a time along time ago to join the police force you had to meet certain criteria, now they only seem to take on the very people who would have failed that same criteria, It is now based more on gender and race than ability to actually do the job, the force have now got what they (but not the public who pay their inflated wages) deserve, this is the age of the PC PC, totally useless! They spend all day on their fat backsides ticking boxes and attending diversity courses.
Inflated wages? How do you arrive at that conclusion?

I've got relatives in the police who have been stabbed, hospitalised through serious assaults, gone to road accidents where people have had their heads removed, had to explain to children why their mum and dad have killed themselves, dealt with children as young as 2 that have suffered horrendous sexual abuse. The list goes on and on. Still think their wages are inflated? Would you like to do all the above?
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: Once upon a time along time ago to join the police force you had to meet certain criteria, now they only seem to take on the very people who would have failed that same criteria, It is now based more on gender and race than ability to actually do the job, the force have now got what they (but not the public who pay their inflated wages) deserve, this is the age of the PC PC, totally useless! They spend all day on their fat backsides ticking boxes and attending diversity courses.[/p][/quote]Inflated wages? How do you arrive at that conclusion? I've got relatives in the police who have been stabbed, hospitalised through serious assaults, gone to road accidents where people have had their heads removed, had to explain to children why their mum and dad have killed themselves, dealt with children as young as 2 that have suffered horrendous sexual abuse. The list goes on and on. Still think their wages are inflated? Would you like to do all the above? Steven Seagull

12:29pm Fri 14 Feb 14

drunken donut says...

geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................

....................

..............
Unfortunately I have been in the position of needing the police; twice. On both occasions they failed to turn up, the last occasion I had £3,500 of stuff stolen, despite several phone calls these brave men in blue refused to attend, merely giving me a crime No. And yes I would put myself in the firing line, if I was employed by them, when I was young enough to join I was only 5'9" and so wouldn't have been considered, I am unable to protect myself from the scum that seem to be able to commit crime at will as I would probably be charged for using excessive force, so you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
[quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Unfortunately I have been in the position of needing the police; twice. On both occasions they failed to turn up, the last occasion I had £3,500 of stuff stolen, despite several phone calls these brave men in blue refused to attend, merely giving me a crime No. And yes I would put myself in the firing line, if I was employed by them, when I was young enough to join I was only 5'9" and so wouldn't have been considered, I am unable to protect myself from the scum that seem to be able to commit crime at will as I would probably be charged for using excessive force, so you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. drunken donut

12:36pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................

....................

..............
Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind.

I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.
[quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind. I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day. Steven Seagull

12:42pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

drunken donut wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................


....................


..............
Unfortunately I have been in the position of needing the police; twice. On both occasions they failed to turn up, the last occasion I had £3,500 of stuff stolen, despite several phone calls these brave men in blue refused to attend, merely giving me a crime No. And yes I would put myself in the firing line, if I was employed by them, when I was young enough to join I was only 5'9" and so wouldn't have been considered, I am unable to protect myself from the scum that seem to be able to commit crime at will as I would probably be charged for using excessive force, so you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
Ahhhhh there we go, it's there in black and white, the reason why you don't like the cops is simply because you failed your application process and they wouldn't let you in! And with your attitude it seems they were right not to.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Unfortunately I have been in the position of needing the police; twice. On both occasions they failed to turn up, the last occasion I had £3,500 of stuff stolen, despite several phone calls these brave men in blue refused to attend, merely giving me a crime No. And yes I would put myself in the firing line, if I was employed by them, when I was young enough to join I was only 5'9" and so wouldn't have been considered, I am unable to protect myself from the scum that seem to be able to commit crime at will as I would probably be charged for using excessive force, so you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.[/p][/quote]Ahhhhh there we go, it's there in black and white, the reason why you don't like the cops is simply because you failed your application process and they wouldn't let you in! And with your attitude it seems they were right not to. Steven Seagull

12:57pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Stone Island: wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................


....................


..............
That's all well and good, but they still need to meet certain levels of fitness, don't you agree?
Yes I agree, but sensationalising this story, like the LT always do when it comes to the cops because they love to give a forum for cop bashing, serves no purpose. 29 out of 889 isn't really that bigger deal, especially when it would appear that no action is taken against them until they've failed on 3 occasions.

The only thing is does is titillate narrow mind @rsewipes like drunken donob who was too short to get in the police 70 years ago.

police officers should be fit for front line duty absolutely right they should and if they can't show they are in a reasonable amount of time then they should be told to find another job. It just makes me laugh when t1ts come on here slagging them off as a whole because they've seen one or two overweight cops getting a brew from Macdonalds.
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]That's all well and good, but they still need to meet certain levels of fitness, don't you agree?[/p][/quote]Yes I agree, but sensationalising this story, like the LT always do when it comes to the cops because they love to give a forum for cop bashing, serves no purpose. 29 out of 889 isn't really that bigger deal, especially when it would appear that no action is taken against them until they've failed on 3 occasions. The only thing is does is titillate narrow mind @rsewipes like drunken donob who was too short to get in the police 70 years ago. police officers should be fit for front line duty absolutely right they should and if they can't show they are in a reasonable amount of time then they should be told to find another job. It just makes me laugh when t1ts come on here slagging them off as a whole because they've seen one or two overweight cops getting a brew from Macdonalds. Steven Seagull

1:42pm Fri 14 Feb 14

CeeBee85 says...

Rightly so too, how are they meant to chase and catch criminals if they can't even run? Don't get me wrong, full praise to the emergancy services for protecting and helping the public, and I am under no illusions of the daily risks faced by the police force. But surely it is commom sense for a police officer to ensure that he or she is fit enough to be able to deal with it? A comment above touches upon the dangers faced by officers - I totally agree, and if it was me I would make sure that I keep myself fit and healthy in order to deal with said dangers properly!!! What good is a roly poly police officer who can only run 100 yards before having to give up?
Rightly so too, how are they meant to chase and catch criminals if they can't even run? Don't get me wrong, full praise to the emergancy services for protecting and helping the public, and I am under no illusions of the daily risks faced by the police force. But surely it is commom sense for a police officer to ensure that he or she is fit enough to be able to deal with it? A comment above touches upon the dangers faced by officers - I totally agree, and if it was me I would make sure that I keep myself fit and healthy in order to deal with said dangers properly!!! What good is a roly poly police officer who can only run 100 yards before having to give up? CeeBee85

2:36pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Mikeee47 says...

geebee56 wrote:
Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.
Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor
STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable.
[quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.[/p][/quote]Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable. Mikeee47

3:04pm Fri 14 Feb 14

LLiveMan says...

Inflated wages ... Wrong ... They've all had a pay freeze for 4 years! Their pensions have been messed with! They aren't allowed to strike like everyone else. They work very hard for minimum results at court! But they put their kit on and go out and do the best job they can! As for eating too many mcdonalds... They are human and are allowed to eat without the public judging them!!!
Inflated wages ... Wrong ... They've all had a pay freeze for 4 years! Their pensions have been messed with! They aren't allowed to strike like everyone else. They work very hard for minimum results at court! But they put their kit on and go out and do the best job they can! As for eating too many mcdonalds... They are human and are allowed to eat without the public judging them!!! LLiveMan

3:14pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Fitness tests are compulsory for a very good reason and those who fail are another disgrace to the police force. How much respect can you have for a fat, bloated, unfit salad-dodger?
Fitness tests are compulsory for a very good reason and those who fail are another disgrace to the police force. How much respect can you have for a fat, bloated, unfit salad-dodger? Chris P Bacon

3:28pm Fri 14 Feb 14

geebee56 says...

My respect is for the 97% who passed their tests and are out there in the front line protecting my interests!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!
My respect is for the 97% who passed their tests and are out there in the front line protecting my interests!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! geebee56

4:08pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Chris P Bacon says...

geebee56 wrote:
My respect is for the 97% who passed their tests and are out there in the front line protecting my interests!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!
If you believe that, then my sincerest condolences. Your interests will be very, very low down on their list of priorities.
[quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: My respect is for the 97% who passed their tests and are out there in the front line protecting my interests!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!![/p][/quote]If you believe that, then my sincerest condolences. Your interests will be very, very low down on their list of priorities. Chris P Bacon

6:31pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Mikeee47 wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.
Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor
STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable.
Ahhhhh another bellend thats got points on his licence and probably got told he wasn't good enough to join the police.

Your jealousy and bitterness is laughable.
[quote][p][bold]Mikeee47[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.[/p][/quote]Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable.[/p][/quote]Ahhhhh another bellend thats got points on his licence and probably got told he wasn't good enough to join the police. Your jealousy and bitterness is laughable. Steven Seagull

6:32pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Black Car Guy. says...

So you can out run a police person.
So you can out run a police person. Black Car Guy.

6:37pm Fri 14 Feb 14

drunken donut says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................


....................


..............
Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind.

I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.
I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind. I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.[/p][/quote]I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go. drunken donut

7:40pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Mikeee47 wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.
Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor
STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable.
Are you really as stupid as you're portraying yourself?

What's the difference between the police and a soldier running for miles with heavy equipment? Did you really just ask that question?

Oh dear, have they beaten you to the floor in the past? Well given that you're clearly a totally snivelling little gobsh1te I can't say I'm surprised and if I.have a criticism of the police it's that they didn't beat you hard enough.
[quote][p][bold]Mikeee47[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: Try running with all the protective gear they have to wear these days to protect themselves from the idiots they have to deal with.[/p][/quote]Soldiers run for miles with heavier equipment, where's the diference? there's no excuse lame lazy coppers only interested in beating people to the floor STOP making excuses for lazy unfit coppers, don't even look respectable.[/p][/quote]Are you really as stupid as you're portraying yourself? What's the difference between the police and a soldier running for miles with heavy equipment? Did you really just ask that question? Oh dear, have they beaten you to the floor in the past? Well given that you're clearly a totally snivelling little gobsh1te I can't say I'm surprised and if I.have a criticism of the police it's that they didn't beat you hard enough. Steven Seagull

7:45pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

drunken donut wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................



....................



..............
Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind.

I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.
I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go.
I don't need to be detective to see that you are a total fcukwit.

What you know about the police service you could write on the back of a stamp.

I would love to.be there when you ring the police begging for help, say for example because you've been filled in (which to be honest would be a minute too soon) and listen to them laugh at you as they slam the phone down.

You need to get over your disappointment at not getting into.the police because you're a dwarf and accept that if you speed you'll get points on your licence.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind. I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.[/p][/quote]I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go.[/p][/quote]I don't need to be detective to see that you are a total fcukwit. What you know about the police service you could write on the back of a stamp. I would love to.be there when you ring the police begging for help, say for example because you've been filled in (which to be honest would be a minute too soon) and listen to them laugh at you as they slam the phone down. You need to get over your disappointment at not getting into.the police because you're a dwarf and accept that if you speed you'll get points on your licence. Steven Seagull

8:57pm Fri 14 Feb 14

ted1951 says...

I was in the Fire Service when they introduced a fitness test. It took a couple of years for the benefit to come through. Give it time it will work, not just 6 months
I was in the Fire Service when they introduced a fitness test. It took a couple of years for the benefit to come through. Give it time it will work, not just 6 months ted1951

9:58pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Horsfield Cllr says...

blimey, this item has raised a lot of emotion. At the end of the day, the articlesaid that 29 officers failed the fitness test of whom 15 were female. That means a very small percentage of officers failed the test, which is actually quite tough. We don't know the reasons but they could be because an officer was injured, bitten, battered, shot ..... we don't know the reasons. At the end of the day lets ask why this question has been asked by the LT. What benefit do we get from knowing the answer? I hope that the editors of the LT never have a son or daughter who is beaten, raped, kidnapped, battered, threatened, burgled, robbed, blackmailed, bribed, bullied, scared, depressed, lonely ... the list is much longer and to be honest police officers and staff have such a lot to deal with that they must feel really bullied, scared, depressed and lonely when they have to deal with **** media along with everything else they put up with in their jobs. a miniscule percentage of officers who don't pass a fitness test doesn't deserve such publicity especially when the paper hasn't bothered to look at why.
blimey, this item has raised a lot of emotion. At the end of the day, the articlesaid that 29 officers failed the fitness test of whom 15 were female. That means a very small percentage of officers failed the test, which is actually quite tough. We don't know the reasons but they could be because an officer was injured, bitten, battered, shot ..... we don't know the reasons. At the end of the day lets ask why this question has been asked by the LT. What benefit do we get from knowing the answer? I hope that the editors of the LT never have a son or daughter who is beaten, raped, kidnapped, battered, threatened, burgled, robbed, blackmailed, bribed, bullied, scared, depressed, lonely ... the list is much longer and to be honest police officers and staff have such a lot to deal with that they must feel really bullied, scared, depressed and lonely when they have to deal with **** media along with everything else they put up with in their jobs. a miniscule percentage of officers who don't pass a fitness test doesn't deserve such publicity especially when the paper hasn't bothered to look at why. Horsfield Cllr

9:24am Sat 15 Feb 14

drunken donut says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
drunken donut wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
geebee56 wrote:
What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....................




....................




..............
Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind.

I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.
I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go.
I don't need to be detective to see that you are a total fcukwit.

What you know about the police service you could write on the back of a stamp.

I would love to.be there when you ring the police begging for help, say for example because you've been filled in (which to be honest would be a minute too soon) and listen to them laugh at you as they slam the phone down.

You need to get over your disappointment at not getting into.the police because you're a dwarf and accept that if you speed you'll get points on your licence.
So officer let's look at the evidence; you are a bitter police officer who was probably turned down for promotion due to being too fat, your vitriolic outpourings mark you as coming from Burnley, you have obviously been promoted beyond your capabilities (even if you are a constable) and you watch Heartbeat. I would love to enter into a battle of wits with you, but unlike the police I never attack an unarmed man.
PS I have never applied to enter the police force as I am far to well educated.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geebee56[/bold] wrote: What a load of rubbish you spout drunken donut. Hopefully you will never be in a position where you need the services of these so called useless PC's. For all those who criticise the police get yourselves out there and put yourselves in the firing line for all the dregs in society. Not only the police but all the emergency services do a remarkable job and need the full support of the communities they protect. The cuts to these services have been severe and the number of police available to respond to non emergency calls have been reduced dramatically. Also due to red tape some have to remain at hospitals with these dregs of society and cannot carry out the real job they are employed for. Full support to all the emergency services. . . . . . . .................... .................... ..............[/p][/quote]Drunken donob is simply a narrow minded pr1ck who has obviously been busted for speeding or using his phone while driving who believes everything he reads ( if he can actually read) in the newspapers and things that he makes up inside his tiny mind. I wonder if he'd be so critical if he actually needed help from them one day.[/p][/quote]I take it you are a detective, because you are wrong on all counts, with your grasp of facts you are either overweight or from Burnley or both. Mind how you go.[/p][/quote]I don't need to be detective to see that you are a total fcukwit. What you know about the police service you could write on the back of a stamp. I would love to.be there when you ring the police begging for help, say for example because you've been filled in (which to be honest would be a minute too soon) and listen to them laugh at you as they slam the phone down. You need to get over your disappointment at not getting into.the police because you're a dwarf and accept that if you speed you'll get points on your licence.[/p][/quote]So officer let's look at the evidence; you are a bitter police officer who was probably turned down for promotion due to being too fat, your vitriolic outpourings mark you as coming from Burnley, you have obviously been promoted beyond your capabilities (even if you are a constable) and you watch Heartbeat. I would love to enter into a battle of wits with you, but unlike the police I never attack an unarmed man. PS I have never applied to enter the police force as I am far to well educated. drunken donut

9:29pm Sat 15 Feb 14

dean555 says...

6 years ago I applied for the police. Passed every test! I was a 16 stone rugby player that had also been in the TA. I passed the physical assessment and the strength test, passed all the medical examinations, only to fail my BMI. I got refused. I wiped the floor with most applicants only to see some of them now on the beat. Some only just scraped through, yet because they where 8 stone we through, they got in! Even the doctor admitted it was crazy. And you wonder why the police have rather large officers on the beat
6 years ago I applied for the police. Passed every test! I was a 16 stone rugby player that had also been in the TA. I passed the physical assessment and the strength test, passed all the medical examinations, only to fail my BMI. I got refused. I wiped the floor with most applicants only to see some of them now on the beat. Some only just scraped through, yet because they where 8 stone we through, they got in! Even the doctor admitted it was crazy. And you wonder why the police have rather large officers on the beat dean555

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree